DeMartini's 14G BioCube

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/post/2844606
no, my PM box is on... I had to clear out the PMs bc my in box was full.
The Viper isn't good because the arm is very flimsy, the fixture gets way too hot, and the bulb sucks.... it's a cheaply made fixture

ok now I gotta retrofit some crap to hang above the tank... greeeaaattt...lol
your inbox is full because you got the birthday fan club rush lol.
BTW it still says I can't pm you..
This message displays "DeMartini has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

demartini

I'm buying the AquaMedic ocean light pendant and hanging it from metal arms, kind of like the solana fixture.
try PMing again....

ridiculous

hey, so if i'm right you have a pair of clowns, royal gramma and yellow watchmen? would you recommend the same or different for another biocube 14?

rotarymagic

I got me a light lined up too LOL...
PFO 150w pendant, icecap ballast, brand new phoenix 14,000k.
$100... sheeit.
I'm gettin my tank drilled on saturday too woohoo! Its a race!

demartini

I traded in the yellow watchman for a sixline
I wouldn't recommend having that many fish. I added a 6 gallon fuge, so the bio load isn't that bad for me. 3 fish should be the max for a 14 gallon.

demartini

hahahah what an idiot!!!
he removed the yellow tang , but his "middle finger" sized tang is still in there!
lol nice background music...

rotarymagic

yeah I thought you'd enjoy that... I always look on youtube for the most overstocked tanks then read the comments... such ridiculous hate, you'd think they were driving around in green peace boats hahaha.

rotarymagic

Which aquamedic pendant are you getting? can you post a pic?
I just noticed that aquamedic makes a se-xy series fixture for 72inch tanks. ROFL. Too bad your tank isn't 6feet long haha.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/post/2847230
150 watt... I'm going to use a 14K phoenix bulb.
I'm going to spray paint it black
cool... I assume you're buying it used because buying one new would set ya back what $225? $250? and then the bulb new would be like $70.
I dunno.. it'd be hard to resell an oem bulb even if it was new.

noble5328

I am pretty new to saltwater (6 mo's). Your tank is awesome, I love all the color. In post #69 the top picture, you have something that looks kinda like daisy flowers, I have some of these but don't know what they are called, mine are on too big of a rock and I would like to split it up in a couple different places in my tank, it looks like a vine sorta, is it? Can I just bust up the rock and split it that way or will that hurt it? I have had in several different areas in my tank and it seems to do well no matter where I put it, top or bottom, is that normal or have I just been lucky? LFS said it go anywhere. Thanks

demartini

Originally Posted by noble5328
http:///forum/post/2847507
I am pretty new to saltwater (6 mo's). Your tank is awesome, I love all the color. In post #69 the top picture, you have something that looks kinda like daisy flowers, I have some of these but don't know what they are called, mine are on too big of a rock and I would like to split it up in a couple different places in my tank, it looks like a vine sorta, is it? Can I just bust up the rock and split it that way or will that hurt it? I have had in several different areas in my tank and it seems to do well no matter where I put it, top or bottom, is that normal or have I just been lucky? LFS said it go anywhere. Thanks
Thank You! The coral your talking about are daisy polyps... You can just break up the rock and the daisy polyps should be fine... just don't massacre the daisy polyps with a hammer and you should be ok lol
Originally Posted by Rotarymagic

http:///forum/post/2847966
Bring it!!!! I just got back from home depot holmes!!!

ohhhhhhhhhh noooooo.... whatever... my tanks totally gonna be fashionably late =)