DeMartini's ADA Reef

So sorry to hear that. It is always hard to lose a family memeber or close friend. I lost my grandmother around this time last year. It is hard. Try to be strong and remember they are with you everyday watching over you. *hugs*

demartini

Originally Posted by RubyRedRose46
http:///forum/post/2881290
So sorry to hear that. It is always hard to lose a family memeber or close friend. I lost my grandmother around this time last year. It is hard. Try to be strong and remember they are with you everyday watching over you. *hugs*
thanks Ruby! We had a rosary for him last night... it was so sad seeing him last night. His funeral is today. It still hasn't hit me that he's gone... When I go to my Grandma's house it feels like he's just at gym or something =(
He had a beautiful obituary...

Ben P. Andreoli 1929 - 2008 Ben passed away December 15, 2008 at his home surrounded by his loving family, after a long and courageous battle with cancer at the age of 78. Ben was born in Inan, PA. His family moved to North Beach in San Francisco in the 1940s. Ben was an entrepreneur from an early age finding creative ways to earn income during World War II. He spoke of days when he would wait for the Navy ships to dock at the piers, quickly setting up a stand where he would sell sandwiches and newspapers-always netting a nice profit. Ben was employed as a Teamster for many years working on many large construction projects in the Bay Area. He moved his family to Foster City in 1966 and after his days as a Teamster he opened a sandwich shop with his family in Redwood City. An avid conversationalist, he developed unique relationships with his customers, sharing a beer and a conversation long after business hours. No one could carry a conversation better than Ben. But the reason this business was so special to him is because he did it with his family. His greatest joys always involved activities with his family, both immediate and extended. At all family events Ben was the first to arrive and the last to leave. The Christmas Eve crab cioppinno feast at his house was a great family tradition. Ben was a devoted pet lover, developing a special bond with his cats and dogs. He was the self-appointed mayor of the Foster City Dog Park spending countless hours there and assisting in the successful annual costume contest. Ben was also a physical fitness enthusiast. Long before it became popular, he trained at gyms maintaining a strict work-out regimen into his 70s. Ben's strong sense of family values left a lasting impression on all who were fortunate enough to know him. He will be deeply missed. He is survived by his wife of 56 years, Eleanor; three daughters: Anna Marie DeMartini, spouse Frank, their children Justin, Lauren and Christian; Marilyn Talbot, spouse Kurt, their children Christopher, Alexandra and Erika; Christina Ongerth, spouse Barry; sister Toni Cvetovac, many nieces and nephews and his dogs Chico and Rocky. Preceded in death by his son Daniel; his devoted mother; twin brother and sisters. Friends may visit Thursday, December 18, 2008 after 5:00 pm, and are invited to attend a Vigil Service at 7:00 pm at Crippen & Flynn Carlmont Chapel, 1111 Alameda de las Pulgas, Belmont. A Funeral Mass will held Friday, December 19 at 11:30 am at St. Luke's Catholic Church, 1111 Beach Park Blvd., Foster City with Interment following at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in Colma.

Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/post/2881667
thanks Ruby! We had a rosary for him last night... it was so sad seeing him last night. His funeral is today. It still hasn't hit me that he's gone... When I go to my Grandma's house it feels like he's just at gym or something =(
He had a beautiful obituary...

Ben P. Andreoli 1929 - 2008 Ben passed away December 15, 2008 at his home surrounded by his loving family, after a long and courageous battle with cancer at the age of 78. Ben was born in Inan, PA. His family moved to North Beach in San Francisco in the 1940s. Ben was an entrepreneur from an early age finding creative ways to earn income during World War II. He spoke of days when he would wait for the Navy ships to dock at the piers, quickly setting up a stand where he would sell sandwiches and newspapers-always netting a nice profit. Ben was employed as a Teamster for many years working on many large construction projects in the Bay Area. He moved his family to Foster City in 1966 and after his days as a Teamster he opened a sandwich shop with his family in Redwood City. An avid conversationalist, he developed unique relationships with his customers, sharing a beer and a conversation long after business hours. No one could carry a conversation better than Ben. But the reason this business was so special to him is because he did it with his family. His greatest joys always involved activities with his family, both immediate and extended. At all family events Ben was the first to arrive and the last to leave. The Christmas Eve crab cioppinno feast at his house was a great family tradition. Ben was a devoted pet lover, developing a special bond with his cats and dogs. He was the self-appointed mayor of the Foster City Dog Park spending countless hours there and assisting in the successful annual costume contest. Ben was also a physical fitness enthusiast. Long before it became popular, he trained at gyms maintaining a strict work-out regimen into his 70s. Ben's strong sense of family values left a lasting impression on all who were fortunate enough to know him. He will be deeply missed. He is survived by his wife of 56 years, Eleanor; three daughters: Anna Marie DeMartini, spouse Frank, their children Justin, Lauren and Christian; Marilyn Talbot, spouse Kurt, their children Christopher, Alexandra and Erika; Christina Ongerth, spouse Barry; sister Toni Cvetovac, many nieces and nephews and his dogs Chico and Rocky. Preceded in death by his son Daniel; his devoted mother; twin brother and sisters. Friends may visit Thursday, December 18, 2008 after 5:00 pm, and are invited to attend a Vigil Service at 7:00 pm at Crippen & Flynn Carlmont Chapel, 1111 Alameda de las Pulgas, Belmont. A Funeral Mass will held Friday, December 19 at 11:30 am at St. Luke's Catholic Church, 1111 Beach Park Blvd., Foster City with Interment following at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in Colma.
It is the same way with me. It hit me *in away* the day of her funeral. My whole family was with her when she passed but I was at work. So it did not hit me that she was gone when I got the call. Still to this I think she is here. I go over to there house * to see my grandfather and uncle* and I have to remind myself she is gone and not in the other room. At times I have to remind myself when I think I will just call her to see what she is up too. Like I said it will get easier as time passes.. Just always remember he will watch over you and be with you everyday!! ** your welcome**
& the obituary is very nice!
Be strong!!!
*hugs*

demartini

Thank you! Tomorrow I plan on adding a clean up crew and my two picassos.
My light should be coming in a week or two and then I'll start transferring the corals from my 14 gallon.

[ronnie]

heyyy.. for starters... im sorry to hear for your rgandpa.. =[ keep yuor head up its okie..
secondly happy new year...
thirdly, i LOVED your old tank..if you dont mind PMing me picso f ur rock formation before you stocked it upw ith corals as i plan on basing my new tank like urs..that thing was killer..
also the rocks look awsome in your tank right now... how are they so close to the glass?.. dont you have trouble cleaning the alage?.. thanksssss

demartini

thanks! I don't think i have any old pictures of the rock in my 14 gallon without corals... it's really simple though! I just used 3 large pieces of rock and then made an arch in the middle. I did add a few small pieces of rock that the corals came on.
I will have trouble cleaning the glass next to the rocks. lol

demartini

thank you! I just picked up 5 sexy shrimp. I also have a few sexy shrimp from my 14 gallon. My fish are going in soon! =)

spanko

I love this.

It will be interesting where you "designing eye" takes you with coral additions and their placement.
You having fun Lauren?

demartini

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2897042
I love sexy shrimp! But mine is a lonley one! I only have one
I love them too! I have 9! you should get yours some buddies =)
Originally Posted by spanko

http:///forum/post/2897043
I love this.

It will be interesting where you "designing eye" takes you with coral additions and their placement.
You having fun Lauren?
thank you =) I'm having fun now bc I can finally start adding stuff lol