Denitrator

lizzy

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used a denitrator. If so how well it worked and if you have any other info about this it is also welcome.

airforceb2

What kind of denitrator is it? The best denitrator available is doing scheduled water changes. You can also get cleaner clams that will help lower your nitrates.

lizzy

its a Aquaripure denitrator. this is what it says about it.
A denitrator is a biological filter that removes nitrate (NO3) from the aquarium. A denitrator filter uses anaerobic bacteria to break down nitrate into nitrogen gas (N2), which escapes into the atmosphere, the result is nitrate free effluent. A denitrator achieves this in an extremely safe and controlled environment. They have even been used to make water high in nitrates safe for human consumption.
Anyone heard of it before? or does anyone know anything about this system?

airforceb2

I have never heard of it before. I personally wouldn't use it unless there was no other way to lower the nitrates in my tank. Sort of a last-chance deal. Are you asking this because your nitrates are high?

lizzy

nope...the boss's wife at work wants to put one on her tank at the office cuz she's not there all the time to take care of it...plus its really hard to take it apart and put it back together when paitents are coming in and out. (doesnt show very well with the hood off with all the stuff spread out) so she asked me to research it for her to see if it would be something that might work or not. So i decided what better place to find out if it works than on here?