depressed fire fish HELP!

blondie_00

:help: My fire fish has always been the life of the tank and for the last 3 days he wont come out of a hole that he is sharing with my watchman goby. i havent seen him move for days . i even tried all diffrent types of food and tried coaxing him out. what can i do????? is he going to die? :help:

perfectdark

Your obviously going to get all the general questions thrown at you.
Water test? Anything off with it? Have you done anything to the tank like adding LR or moving anything around? Added a new Fish? All of those things can stress him out. If not it is possible that they can get sick like a cold would be to us. Not much you can do for that but just make sure your perameters a good and see how he does. Dont know if any of that helps but good luck.

blondie_00

well when i added the watchman goby my lawn mower blenny was being a little agressiave twards him. so i moved a few small rocks to diffrent locations but kept the large rocks the same. then i moved one coral to a diffrent spot. all my tests are reading fine but i am doing to do the normal water change this weekend.he is still hiding with the goby they stay in the same hole ...very strange.....even when i added him to the tank he never hid...

perfectdark

Well, it also may have not been anything you have done but just something that made him stess a little. Give it time see if the problem presents itself, or at best maybe he will snap out of it. I honestly cannot think of anything it could be other than perhaps, a sickness of some type. Without any physical signs other than hiding and being skitish, I would have to say you need to play the waiting game for a while. HOPE HE GETS BETTER.

blondie_00

thank you. its like my little watchman goby is being his body gard. he stays at the opening of the hole and keeps everyone away. its so strange.the only other thing that i can think of is he and my cardnal fish were put in there about the same time. at that time they all were the same size. the cardnail fish have grown bigger than he. then i aded the goby in there wich is not even a half an inch big. so maybie he was getting picked on heck i dont know. he always seamd happy like a normal fire fish.i am going to try cutting back on some of my water flow today. maybie if he is weak the water flow is too much for him so maybie if i cut it back he can come out and swim a little. i know he has to be weak from not eating. thanks for the help guys.

blondie_00

well he came out today and ate a little bit. still real skinny looking. the next few days i will leave my extra water pump off and feed baby brine shrimp...they are his fav.

perfectdark

Hmm its tough. IMO I would say observation is where you are going to get your answer from. I would bet he is getting pushed around by another fish.
Good luck.

bronco300

that is tough...may want to try taking out the fish...i had two purple firefish which something harrassed them and they ended up hiding and dying in their normal cave...sad sad day for me...i would take out the culprit and see if there is another way to get them used to each other or...take one out compeltely, whichever is bullying, keep a close eye

blondie_00

Originally Posted by Bronco300
that is tough...may want to try taking out the fish...i had two purple firefish which something harrassed them and they ended up hiding and dying in their normal cave...sad sad day for me...i would take out the culprit and see if there is another way to get them used to each other or...take one out compeltely, whichever is bullying, keep a close eye
im not seeing anyone bulling anyone. the only new fish is a watchman goby and he is not even a half an inch big. He is the one that was getting picked on by my lawnmower blenny. i dont see anyreason for this behavior. but i did get a good b-day gift(its today) my fire fish came out for a bout an hr and even ate!!!!

bronco300

thats great, make sure he gets some food...i didnt see anything hassle both of my firefish either...but they hide in the rocks for a very long time...i assume it was a nasty crab that hid in the rock in the tank.

blondie_00

well great news guys. he decied to grace me with his beautiful self today. i was home sick from work and he was out for most of the day!!!!!