Detached mushroom

luvnluk

One of my new green striped mushrooms detached itself and is currently sitting open on the sand bed. Should I reattach him to a rock?

cprdnick

You can if you want. Most of the time they'll find a place they like and stick to it. I beleive they will even stick to sand beds although they aren't real safe from hermits there.

clarkiiboi

IMHO, yes. I bought the same kind of shrooms from here and 1 was detached and another fell off a few weeks later. I tried super glue gel--nope---learn from me and place it on a rock with something covering/holding it in place (I used what looked like bridal veil, it was left over from my wedding decorations actually). It took me about 3 weeks in a low flow area and finally attached! If you leave it on the sandbed, the current may take it to the back of the rocks (as it did for me) I could see it, but couldnt get it. Just 5 days ago I seen the 2nd one sitting on a front rock (I believe my diamond goby shifted it) I grabbed it, and did the same, so far so good.

doodle1800

I just recently "rescued 2 striped shrooms that broke loose and were in caves - in my opinion dying from lack of light. I moved the LR to get to them and now am wondering if I should re-attach them to another rock.

clarkiiboi

You can just do what I mentioned in my above post. Since then I had another shroom (from a different rock) jump ship and I stuck it in a small hole and it has attached that way also.

neoreef

I've had mushrooms on 3 different occations that were unattached. I set them in a rock crevice and within a few days they attached and started to open up. One has even had 2 babies.
How do they do that?

pumpie

I bought a couple of loose mushrooms from a LFS and when I got home placed them each in different low-current areas of my live rock so they didn't blow off, they attached and now they are huge, you could try that. :)

clarkiiboi

Originally posted by neoreef
. One has even had 2 babies. How do they do that?

They move a little and leave behind a piece of them--from that a new shroom grows. HTH