DEvils Hand & medium Light

tomclx

I need some advice. I bought a devuils hand coral on Monday. I put him sort of high in my tank. When the lights are on , he seems to get droopy, when lights go out, he shrinks and looks tight. IS this normal. I have a 37 gallon tall. with 2 X 98 watts power compact. (108 watts total). Tested all parameteers last night. every thing is perfect. I also did a water change last week. Is this lighting to much for this coral. I know that they need medium light. Is my lighting considered meium light?

larrynews

i have always heard that you need to start new corals on the bottom and work them up over a few week period...hth

chad24

It sounds to me its drooping to get away from the light. You may be burning him. I have a really nice Devils hand and he set about middle depth in my 75 gal. I have (2) 175mh with dual ballest with a spider reflecter and (2) 65pc lights and he is doing really well and has been in my tank for 1 1/2 years. I messed up and placed a clam high and burned him up so be careful. Good Luck chad

ballyhoo

Originally Posted by tomclx
. with 2 X 98 watts power compact. (108 watts total).
I think you mean 2x 96watt PC and you have 192w total.

wax32

Put it lower in the tank for starters and adjust to where you would like him over time.