devils hand

silverdak

ok so i picked up a devils hand frag at my LFS for $20.. piece is about 4 inches (roughly) anyways I got it home, got it int he tank and the crab went after it... well it did have some cheato (sp) on the base of it.. so next morning the coral is face down in the sand bed, not where i put it.. I move it and the crab moved it on my again lol it was like a bad game that I didn't want to play. then today I noticed it was starting to get some white spots on it which I assumed was bleaching out due to getting no light and not really being able to open up, so I get some super glue and put it on a frag base and put it was up high right near my lights in an area with great flow just in case it needed that too... anyone know what my chances are of bringing this back from starting to bleach out? I have seen much worse come back. just want to here what the expects of the site have to say or think about it. tank is a 14G bio with 48W of lights... and the frag is sitting about 4 inches (roughly) from the lights

hambone

Not sure about the bleaching. Mine has not done this. But the devils hand is very hardy. Mine has doubled in size in the 6 weeks I've had it. They don't have to have high light or flow. About the same as shrooms as far as these requirements. Just give it time. I love the way they look. Good luck!

reefereric

The spots may be shedding. Give it good flow and let it do its thing. It might be a day or three, especially if you keep touching it. As far as super glue goes, try to avoit using superlude dirextly on leathers. It works on most things, but seems to agitate them, in my experience.

silverdak

looks like all it needed was time!!!!!!!

as soon as the lights went on this morning it started to rais up towards the light!!!

fats71

My devils hand has white on it and was superglued to a frag stone. It is about 5 plus inches tall and large around the base.