Dfw Lfs

737mech

It looked like Saltwater Solutions is closed for good this time. There's nothing on ther windows, just what looked like shelves stacked up near them. I'll try to get a better look tomorrow.
Has anyone else heard about this LFS shutting down?:confused:

kreach

Is that the LFS located right off I35 E? I used to pass by it on a daily basis and it was never open anytime I passed by and that was months and months ago.
But if you are looking for a good LFS to go to, try Saltwater Paradise in Irving or Dallas North Aquarium in Carrollton.

1journeyman

I've had mixed results at Dallas North Aquarium. Their tanks look good, but they are VERY proud of their stuff and their employees must work on comission because they sometimes push some unneccessary products.
I've heard great things about Saltwter Paradise, but I was their this weekend and they had several dead fish in their tanks. Maybe they just had a bad shipment?
Planet Pet in Bedfod says that they are getting rid of all of their small animal supplies so that they can become the DFW "Megastore" of aquariums. We'll see.
Overall, DFW is seriously lacking in a good aquarium store, IMHO.

dockery07

Jeff's is supposed to be coming to DFW; it was in the works this year but did not happen he promised next year it would open.

737mech

Tracey,
Jeff's? I'm sorry, but I haven't heard of them before. Is it a chain store. Any idea where it will be located?
P.S. I saw pics of your new tank and it looks great! Congratulations. The frags that I got from you are doing great. They are growing very nicely.

dockery07

it is Jeff's exotic fish. Right now just in califorina. you can add some w's to the exotic fish part.
THanks on my tank, there are shelving unites being installed when he gets them built and the cabinets for the chiller and all my other fish crap.

a_fender69

There is a small store by ridgemar mall that usually has nice fish that are not over priced. The coral selection has never impressed me. I would only talk with Leo the owner or a young guy named Jack, everyone else could not tell you a thing about sw. By the way, the name is the fish place

aarone

the fish place is a pretty good bet. The fish are very well kept. I just started keeping coral, and have not really payed much attention to the coral selection. Check it out.
aaron

dockery07

There is also one in Dallas it is Dallas Marine. If they dont have it they will order it for you and it is pretty cheap. This is where I got my snails for 1.00 each.

txfireman

I have been to the one by ridgemar mall. A guy i work with just told me about one in North RichlandHills on Grapevine HWY. He said it just opened up. I am going there today to see what they got.

txfireman

Will do. If its not that great i guess i will be having to make that hour drive to dallas. That place by ridgemar is ok but every time i have been there they didnt seem to have that many fish in. Maybe I am just showing up at the wrong times.

txfireman

I am not looking for any thing special. I would like to find a fighting conch ,some scarlet hermits and maybe a dogfaced puffer (but I don’t know if he would be good to add). I don’t really want to order off the net because I can’t guarantee any one would be here to get the package. I don’t really need any equipment right now.

dockery07

Call dallas marine, they will sell them to you pretty cheap and they will meet you locally for 5.00; I have had great luck with them. Their crabs and snails are cheap also.

dockery07

they have a web site dallasmarine.com then you can call and talk with Faith. They really know their stuff and can get you what your looking for. I am getting a couple agressive fish from them today.

aarone

I know a lady that can special order fish/corals/inverts for you at a great price. she even delivers anywhere in the dfw metroplex for free. She has a website but i dont want to give it out. Email me if you are interested.
And can you tell me the name of the LFS on grapevine Hwy?
aarone
aaron