Dfw Lfs

txfireman

I went to the new one on Grapevine hwy today. It is called Randy's Fish Warehouse it is located at 6601 Grapevine Hwy. (south of 820 next to a big Trift Town on the west side of the road). They were super nice in there and Michael the manager was great. He took the time to answer all of my questions and didn’t try to blow me off( I am new to all of this) Their prices are about the same as the place next to ridgemar mall; but the staff is alot better. The place is almost all SW with some FW stuff.
I also went to Plant Pet. That place is bad. Dead fish in alot of the tanks. The rest of the fish did not look good.

dockery07

Dont get me started on Don... Him and I had issues when he was at WDU. Regardless I still would not buy from Planet Pet.
I might have to try the place on 820 although I am ready for another frag trade now that my big tank is up and running, I am quickly running out of room

dockery07

No I have not been out there. I have had good luck so far with Dallas Marine.
I have not gotten anything new for a while. Are you going to DFWMAS on the 8th? Also have you checked out the new dfw group?

dockery07

Sometimes it is just nice to get together. It is kind of hard here with so many people so many different places. I am going to attend next weekend. But I'm not bringing frags just cash.

k9-fish

Randy's on Hwy 26 is great. Do you guys never go to Pet Village? They are very good. The guy that runs Saltwater Paradise is a jerk and they are way over priced.

a&m aggie 04'

theres a new store in cleburne, Cleburne Marine. The owner Cody is setting up his store as we speak. Before he was running it out of his house, but due to demand he decided to go bigger.
He will be making some new orders very soon, and i believe he still has southdown- $15 i believe.
Great customer service and he'll ever deliver to your door, $5 to FTW, and $10 to surrounding areas.
Email me if you want more details, markdav13 @ yahoo.com (no spaces between the @)
Mark

kdwinn357

Right off of cedar Ridge in tom thumb lot before wheatland, they have exotic fish, sharks, and other things tell them Kurt sent ya.
:)

aarone

I just visited randys. im impressed. i talked with michael for a bit. He was an ex manager of planet pet. He hates that place. lol. they have a very nice selection of coral that is reasonably priced. And if you buy something you get a free turbo snail!;)
aaron

1journeyman

I went by Randy's today. It does look like a store with potential. Plus, one of the guys told me that they are working on carrying "southdown" sand!

737mech

Saltwater Solutions moved to the other side of the freeway. It's off the service road going north on 35e exit Sandylake Rd. The owner said that it will probably take a month to get completely set back up. It looks like it be nicer than the old lacation when he's finished.

1journeyman

Hey all local DFW aquarists....
Just got off the phone with the guy from Cleburne Marine guy. He does carry Southdown Sand. $15 a bag. I'm going to go get some next week, I'll let ya know how it looks!