Diamond Goby? Good idea?

So I have fallen in love with the diamond goby.

I have a 55 gallon aquarium, 55 pounds of live rock, and 55 pounds of live sand.
The tank has two clown fish, a flordia ricordia, some zoos, and a torch coral.
Wil the diamond goby be an ok addition to the tank? If it is what are some things I should worry about and what can I do to help prevent these issues?

mattyp75

Make sure it's eating prepared food. The sand sifting gobies can be picky about what they eat and if it only wants to catch food out of the sand, it will probably exhaust the food supply in your tank and starve. This guy will dig as well so make sure your rock is on the bottom of the tank, not sitting on the sand or he could topple something.
Speaking of gobies, I have 2 hi fin banded ones that live in the same burrow as a pistol shrimp and other than jumping into the sump once or twice, they've been entertaining little fish.

t316

I love these guys also. I tried one once, but he disappeared after the first day and is yet to be seen. They are jumpers, so you will have to have some kind of top on your tank. And as mentioned above, make sure your rockwork is secure because they will move the sand out from under them, causing them to shift and possibly fall if they are not seated good.

kowaleski

I had one once as well. Did an excellent job on keep the sand clean- wasn't really picky on what he eat. But then they day came when he was taking out sand under neath a 40 pound rock... think you have an idea on the rest of the story

t316

Originally Posted by jshepherd
http:///forum/post/2722362
jumper is an understatement. Mine jumped through egg crate and died during qaurentine the first night.
I had eggcrate tops on my tank at the time too, but if he jumped, I never found him. And I looked everywhere.

jonp

I've had mine for about a week now and he seems to be doing good. He is eating mysis and going to try him on flake and cyclopeeze. Gets along with my Canary Wrasse.

kowaleski

they are very fun to watch
mine was about 5" and whenever my yellow tang would come by him he would almost charge him with his mouth WIDE open but never do anything

110innc

There great little fish. Like said there great jumpers. As far as food ours jumped into the filter we didnt find him for a week he came and ate everything in sight. Make sure you have moon lights because ours is afraid of the dark.