diamond goby or sleeper goby?

nissan577

the sleeper your talking about the golden head sleeper? get the diamond watchman goby! its amazing! and awsome!

nissan577

i had the golden head sleeper in the cube once. and it keep getting the sand, swimming to the top and releasing it. it got so annoying! and the corals wouldnt open. i think the diamond stays home. but why dont you get this goby:

The Two Spot Goby is also referred to as the Twinspot Goby, Signal Goby, or Crabeye Goby. The head and body are white splattered with orange markings. Its erect dorsal fins are distinctly marked by eyespots.
It should reside in a 10 gallon or larger aquarium with live sand as a substrate, and an attached populated refugium. It will rarely act aggressively towards other fish, but is territorial, and will fight with its own kind unless they are a mated pair.
Under correct conditions, the Two Spot Goby will spawn successfully in an aquarium.
Usually the Two Spot Goby feeds off the bottom sifting through the sand for food. It should be fed a variety of either live or vitamin-enriched frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, live black worms, and prepared foods for carnivores.

I have a diamond goby, he is a cool little creature but he did try to carpet surf when we first bought him
btw the identical avatars had me confused..... for a moment I thought zacg was responding to himself

tatoush

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2993110
i had the golden head sleeper in the cube once. and it keep getting the sand, swimming to the top and releasing it. it got so annoying! and the corals wouldnt open. i think the diamond stays home. but why dont you get this goby:

The Two Spot Goby is also referred to as the Twinspot Goby, Signal Goby, or Crabeye Goby. The head and body are white splattered with orange markings. Its erect dorsal fins are distinctly marked by eyespots.
It should reside in a 10 gallon or larger aquarium with live sand as a substrate, and an attached populated refugium. It will rarely act aggressively towards other fish, but is territorial, and will fight with its own kind unless they are a mated pair.
Under correct conditions, the Two Spot Goby will spawn successfully in an aquarium.
Usually the Two Spot Goby feeds off the bottom sifting through the sand for food. It should be fed a variety of either live or vitamin-enriched frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, live black worms, and prepared foods for carnivores.
I used to have a twin spot signal goby a.k.a 4-wheel drive goby in my nano when it was originally set up. I loved it! It is full of personality and colorful enough that it doesn't wash away in the rockwork. I am actually thinking of getting another one from my lfs today....since I have redone my nano.

i would seriously think before getting either one, i have a friend with a 250 reef, and the sleeper goby he has in his is MASSIVE..i would seriously not get either one of those gobies for a nano tank. overstress themselves and probably die

nissan577

Originally Posted by saltwatersubie
http:///forum/post/2993252
I have a diamond goby, he is a cool little creature but he did try to carpet surf when we first bought him
btw the identical avatars had me confused..... for a moment I thought zacg was responding to himself

zacg

i have never seen a 4-wheel drive goby at any of my local fish stores they look pretty cool though. ya'll think that would be better than a diamond goby?

symphony

I have a diamond goby in my 28g Nano. He hides out most of the time and comes out occasionally. He likes to hang with the serpent star. He does create a sand storm when he is out and about, but like I said he is not out all that often. He is very funny and cool to watch.

alvin

Stay away from the Golden Sleeper goby, I had one, he would NOT eat. I gave all the good stuff. I tried to catch him to I can return it to the LFS for some credit, but of course it hides under the rocks. I knew I should've gotten the diamond goby. Well g'luck!

flower

I think (not positive) the diamond goby gets bigger than the sleeper goby does. They both cover everything with sand. They both have lots of personality.
I have had both. I like the sleeper goby because he at least has a little color to him (yellow head and neon stripe). The Diamond is just white with a few little almost unnoticeable orange diamonds on his side.
They are equal diggers, and they are equal at cleaning sand. They are unmatched for keeping the sand perfect IMO. No sand sifting star, cucumber or snail can even come close to their effectiveness.

ocyoo

Golden heads get too big for a nano, possible to keep in a 20 gallon but it will not do well as in a 55. Diamonds are cool, they will build themselves burrows underneath rocks.

The orange spotted sleepers and diamond gobies are the same fish. I have two in my 20 gallon with 40lbs of LR and they seem to stay low all the time. My corals never have sand on them. Keep them well fed and there will be less sand storms. It is also wise to have a filter that's rated double the size of your tank to keep your water polished. A constant sand storm can cause health problems for other fish.