Diamond Goby Removal

therick

I need to remove a Diamond goby from my display...any suggestions?:confused: That bugged keeps hiding in the rocks. :mad:

clarkiiboi

Mine had a dug out home with only one exit. If that is the same with yours, I would try to place the net at the exit and then disturb its home some (with the help of another set of hands). Hopefully it will exit right into the net. Most likely it wont, but sometimes the easiest works to start with. Fish of any kind are hard to catch with LR in the way, been there many times. Over the years I just come to realize the easiest and fastest way is just to remove the LR and have carbon on hand to clear the water, it saves yourself the headache and fustration in the long run. Added bonus is a new aquascape, but that in itself can become a headache also. Good luck.

therick

Well after 3 hours of trying to catch him...:mad: :mad: ia decided that i will get over it and keep him. Hes a crafty little fishy. :happyfish :nope:

mobikobeyob

That should be an easy catch.
Cut a two liter bottle in half just above the label. remove the cap, then invert the top. insert it into the lower half until both cut edges are plum, and tape it back together with packing tape. Bait it with some frozen brine, put it in the tank, and wait 10 minutes. you will get your fish.
Mobi:D

therick

he does his job to well...hes constantly sifting the gravel and because of that my tank is super cloudy. I am gonna give him a few more days and see if the cloudyness goes down.:nervous:

dedwards

how fine is your sand? I have a diamond goby as well and he hardly ever casues a sand storm. He does spit sand all over the place and creates dunes but I have come to realize that I can either live with it or knock down his dunes, which happens about once/month...lol It really pisses him off when he comes out of his hidding spot to find it all flat again. He just spends the next few days building them back up.

buckfoy

i finally switched my name back so therick = buckfoy...
ya it was only really bad the first 2 days or so
:notsure:
now it seems to be better

dreuster

Hah.. I had to tear down my 150 lbs of rockwork....I have very fine sand. I thought I was lookin at milk. No diamond gobies!

buckfoy

Here i was thinking i was the only one with this problem. the chalkyness of the sand has seemed to subside, so we'll see.:nervous: :hilarious