Diamond Goby

drew2005

What do you guys think of a diamond goby in a 46 gallon? My LFS has one for a good price and i need to get my sand cleaned up. It is just not white anymore. It is starting to become unsightly.

E

exile415

Originally Posted by drew2005
What do you guys think of a diamond goby in a 46 gallon? My LFS has one for a good price and i need to get my sand cleaned up. It is just not white anymore. It is starting to become unsightly.
sounds good ! these little fellas do great jobs cleaning sand. I have a goldenhead sleeper goby. i love this guy, he was named:hoover from the vacuum cleaner brand

mr.p

Hey do you think a hawaiian puffer would eat the gobi's you guys are talking about? jw. I love gobi's and i think you should get it :happy:

rickd

Originally Posted by drew2005
I like mine but he can move some rocks if you have anything that needs to stay put glue it down mine moves everything But the sand is clean and he did it in a week.

E

exile415

Originally Posted by Mr.P
Hey do you think a hawaiian puffer would eat the gobi's you guys are talking about? jw. I love gobi's and i think you should get it :happy:
no he won't bother him,can't catch him.

mr.p

Originally Posted by exile415
no he won't bother him,can't catch him.

he ate my engineer gobi's though.

E

exile415

are you sure he ate em. did you see him attack them and eat him. it probably died and the puffer just saw dinner.

mr.p

yeah he killed one the head was just left and when i looked for the other gobi and i pushed him out of a castle he was hiding in the puffer straight up went after him in a craze, he also had a bite mark on him. Pretty sure he mistaken them for a worm.

keonia

Diamonds need a slightly mature tank - they basically sift the sand looking for food and yes, cleaning your sand. Cover your tank - Mine jumped out of my tank in the smallest hole you could imagine. Diamonds are the BOmb!!!
(good bomb)
I just wanted to try this icon.

drew2005

Thanks for the replies. I was watching that goby in the tank and i said DAMM i gotta have it. They are really cool to watch.

E

exile415

goldenhead sleeper gobys do the same.. heres mine:

he cleans the sand non stop everyday, I love this guy

djmpj

Mine is great. In the beginning he was chicken and found himself a little cave and stayed in it. A few days later he decided to venture out in the world and then the sand storm began. I wasn't prepared for this a panicked a little. You couldn't see into the tank. But it all settled back down and he cleaned up the place good. Ours is named Alice (like the cleaning lady from the Brady Bunch). She never stops working. Here's a pic:

jacknjill

awesome! i have been contemplating on getting a goby. either golden head sleeper goby or a diamond. i think im going with a diamond. im going to order one off of this site when i make a big order.

divetroop

Make sure that you have a good seal on the top of your tank. I've had two diamond gobys jump out into "no fish land". The first goby jump out of the corner of my tank where my return tubing is located, 2inch space. The second one jump out as well but broke the first goby's jump distance by a foot.