Diamond goby ???

fishymissy

I recently bought a diamond goby for the 20g high tank. Although he did a wonderful job of cleaning up the sand, he also managed to cover everything in the tank at the same time! After a couple of days of blowing the sand off of the corals and rocks, I removed the goby to another tank. (Mainly I was worried to death that he would bury my clam). Right now the goby is in a 10g all by himself, but I was planning on putting him in the seahorse tank when I get that set up.
My question is, after he becomes established in a tank, will he stop spreading the sand far and wide? Did I remove him too quickly from the 20g?

von_rahvin

that;s what they do. they will move all your sand around till they arecomfortable. i have a ghost goby and he moved an amazing amount of sand in a day. easily 10 - 15 times his own body mass.

bammbamm74

Yes, they move the sand around until they like it. They will also build themselves a hiding spot under a rock. Then they stop.

fishymissy

So basically, I removed him too soon.....now I can't decide whether to place him back in the 20g (God knows the sand needs him!) or keep him where he is until the other tank is ready......Hmmmm......
Thanks for your help!!! :D