diamond watchman goby

hoycetee

does anyone have one, if so how does he act?
i've had mine for a lttle over a day now in my 125g and he has made a cave under every rock and been moving sand everyhere making big sand hills up rocks, he's going to town!
he's making my water a little cloudy cause hes going through the sand so fast.
he hides when i come over to the tank, i've never seen a fish move so fast, but i hope he gets used to me

littlebuck

my friend has one and he eats brine not sure what else but i know he eats the brine when he feeds it to him

fishieness

you should feed him more than brine. Brine is not a nutritional food. I have one and he eats anything and everything. Goes through the substrate like mad, eats anything floating around, off of a feeding stick, even off of rocks. I feed mine formula 1, prime reef, and krill.
mine is very friendly. his name is osama bin laden cause he dives caves to hide in.

bgriff

I've had one for some time now and it sounds like yours is just trying to get use to it’s new environment. Digging under many rocks, covering some corals, having to rearrange things and repeating the whole process. Eventually, it will find a place (ok, it will build a place) that you will be ok with, and it should calm down a little. (My peppermint was a little unhappy at first, but it’s gotten use to its new roommate, they work different shifts anyway!
)
If you watch, they do two things, sometimes they get a mouthful of sand and spit it out some where else, (digging/building) other times, they will sift it through their gills (eating/cleaning sand) Mine also will eat flake and some other foods I feed the others.

feixjai

i have one also. and he eats anything i feed like marine flakes, brine, mysis. that should be ok that hes swimming to quick and making sand piles. i havent seen my goby make a hole yet but hes out most of the time looking at me or other people.

hoycetee

when mine is out and sees me looking at him he runs straight to his cave he made, but he's a cool fish, i wish i could have more than one in this tank

sw-newbe

Mine did the same thing for about a week. When he was done he had his main house, a smaller guest house and another smaller servant quarters.
He would go into his main house at night and then fill in the opening. Scared the crap out of me at first, but every morning he would open the hole and come out. Loads of personality and very friendly. Unfortunately, he went carpet diving when I was feeding the tank and I didn't notice until the next day. Make sure you have eggcrate on top they tend to jump. I can't wait to get a replacement, he kept the sand spotless.
Oh and he loved Mysis. Ate it like a maniac.

hoycetee

hopefuly mine don't go carpet diving. hes's in a 125g and i don't plan on stocking it no more than 4 or 5 fish and i have 3 now, and so the bottom of the tank is his so he should be happy and again i hope he don't go carpet diving, but i do need to invest in eggcrates (who sells eggcrates?)

hoycetee

cool i'm on my way, i'd hate to loose my goby he seems like he's gonna be an excitment to watch as he already is