Did anyone watch the GT/UNC game today?

lion_crazz

I am apologizing in advance; I just need to vent.
I am so disgusted by how poorly called the ending of the Georgetown-North Carolona game was this afternoon. Watching that made me felt as if the game was fixed, as if the referees wanted Georgetown to win. Did anyone see the foul they called on Hansbourough in the last 2 minutes? They refused to call fouls on Ewing Jr. and Hibbert in order to have them fouled out!! Both guys had 4 fouls for almost the whole half! And then the CBS announcers would not say anything bad because John Thompson's father is a CBS radio announcer. I absolutely hate watching sporting events where the game's officials are so blatantly biased toward one team. :mad:

ryanbush

i watched the game, don't want to start an arguement with you but did you see the freethrow ratio? at one poine unc had shot over 30 freethrows and GT had shot 5, i thought GT got screwed most of the game, but thats just how i saw it and i could careless who won

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by ryanbush
i watched the game, don't want to start an arguement with you but did you see the freethrow ratio? at one poine unc had shot over 30 freethrows and GT had shot 5, i thought GT got screwed most of the game, but thats just how i saw it and i could careless who won
I could careless who won as well; I just felt that the refs were giving the game to Georgetown at the end.

ruaround

going 0 for 6 in OT didnt help UNC... i personally didnt care who won, but i dont think the refs were playing favorites... UNC had their chances at the free throw line and had several key missed shots... esp the ones in OT and a serious lack of O rebounds...