Did I screw up?

mrtgman

I just put a penguin 350 w/ double bio wheels on my 36 gal bowfront ( a bit overkill I know but I will be changing to a larger tank in the future). Anyway I could not get it to fit because of that black plastic bar that runs across the top middle of the tank so I cut the bar off. I hope this was not some sort of support for the tank. Did I just make a huge mistake or is that piece of plastic just there in case you need support for the lights or something? Thanks :thinking:

monalisa

I'm not really sure about that either, but I thought that the bar was there to support the tank frame, which also supports the glass/acrylic...oops...
Lisa :happyfish

drew2005

All bowfronts have that bar for support. You should not have cut it off. I would try and call the company who makes that tank and ask them how you could replace that top piece.

sue_c

get the name brand of your fish tankperfecto,all glass,etc...whatever brand it is and the exact measurements of the top of your tank your lfs should be able to get a replacement peice.because yes it is part of the main support of your tank,exspecially on a bow front..