difference?

rickt4du

Do a search of this site, I know its been addressed before.
Look at their fishing license.
[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: Rickt4du ]

shel

I know in clown fish, the female is the bigger of the 2. :p
Maybe the bright pretty ones are the males? Just a guess! Good question, looking forward to finding out the truth

picasso

It totally depends on the fish. In some species, the male and female have different coloring (ex: the greenbird/brownbird wrasses). Others (like the clownfish) can usually be told apart by their difference in size. In other species, the male and female look totally alike can can not be told apart the average hobbiest.

grouperhead

yes females are usually bigger, much bigger. you know that atlantic blue marlin the males rarely get over 400 lbs while the females get over 1200! the females need more energy, etc to spawn. female bass also get much bigger. the only animals where males are usually the prettier are in birds(except the eclectus parrots). not many fish can be told apart by color(except guppies and some others). later, bo

subliminalfish

Two things.
Generally the female is LARGER in size.
Second, generally the male is more colorful. It is like any wildlife habitat. They have to strut their stuff for the women to look at them. The more I think about it, us men have to do that too. Why do you need this ladies????? Figure out the woman, and you could be a millionaire.