different color clownfish became mated pair. babies?

i have a yellow one which is bigger then my orange one and all they do is hang out with each other all day swimming like true fish in love. if they mate which is way down the road will the babies be only the males color (orange) or only the females color (yellow) or will they come out mixed?

carrie1429

Are these false percuals were talking about? If so they can have babies if they are a mated pair which they become when they are small (1 in.) Or even a little later. If you bought them not in a pair then the larger one (if not already) will become the female and the babies would proably just be orange, but sometimes its kinda hard to get them to mate. You'd have a better chance of them mating if you have an anemone becasue the female will lay her eggs in it.

mpgt

Are they the same species? Hopefully, you won't end up with any hybrids. I had a female Jaguar cichlid try to breed with a large Oscar. She laid eggs seceral times. My (different) Oscar paired up with a male red devil and laid eggs...eggs didn't hatch. You'll never know if you have a real pair until the eggs hatch.