Different hobby is going to get its wings clipped.....

aquaknight

I'm not sure what other hobbies everyone here has, outside of SW fish/reefkeeping, but for anyone who flies model aircraft, I'm sure you already know. For those that don't fly model airplanes themselves, the FAA is in the process of proposing regulations over what types of aircraft we can fly, where we can fly, and how fast we can fly. For anyone interested (or bored), here's a decent read on the issue;
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/MA-MARCH11-REG.pdf
Thought it was kind of ironical, in the similarities to that bill banning all Hawaiian fish from being collected that's scared us a couple times. Unfortunately for us aero-enthusiasts, FAA doesn't have to maintain popularity like Congress, so the implementation of these rules is all but a foregone conclusion. The new rules, if I chose to follow them, would definitely ground some of my planes.
Sad, really. Anyone wants more info or anything, lemme know.

slice

I was heavy into R/C aircraft some many years ago, 40-sized sport birds, highly modified Ugly Sticks and the like. A few scratch-built.
Another needless government intrusion; sorry to hear about this. What cannot be done through legislation, will be done through regulation without oversight or consent of the governed.

deejeff442

i fly my helicopter when i get time.but i have 5 acres to buzz it around so they shouldnt bother me.plus the fact that everytime i crash it i have to order parts .so it sits alot.

chain

Speaking of RC aircraft, I have a P-200 SX Jetcat turbine on order. Pretty excited about it. Still throwing ideas around about the airframe though.