digitydash's 125 coral pics

digitydash

Originally Posted by Trigger78
what is the green coral in the background in the pic after the tang munching?
Thanks Alex
Its a type of star polyp don't know what kind though. The rock it is on is smooth when they are retracted.The rock it on is only about 4 in wide and 2in thick but it extends out it is bigger than a grape fruit.

digitydash

Originally Posted by azul1994
Awesome Pictures!
Thanks Alot I have been playing with this camera alot and I think I finally got the settings down now.

trigger78

Originally Posted by digitydash
Its a type of star polyp don't know what kind though. The rock it is on is smooth when they are retracted.The rock it on is only about 4 in wide and 2in thick but it extends out it is bigger than a grape fruit.
When looking at them is there a tiny white spot in the center of each polyp?
I am trying to figure out what type of coral i have and that is the most similiar onethat I have seen. I cant post pics from this CPU so just looking around. lol
Thanks again

digitydash

I looked in my coral book found a picture of them but,I dont think it the name.It was in the modern coral reef aquarium book volume 2 p.117 it say
KA4-STOL-06
Photo By:Scott W. Micheal
It in the Clavulariidae section on the top of the pics it say Star Polyps of the suborder Stolonifera.Im clueless maybe someone else knows.I got alot of views but no one says much comepaired to others threads.

dwendler4

hey, great tank....
quick question... post #12, last picture... i really like the look of having some zoo's in the same area just not right together, like each one an inch or so away from the next (like in the pic)... how do you achieve this?

digitydash

Originally Posted by dwendler4
hey, great tank....
quick question... post #12, last picture... i really like the look of having some zoo's in the same area just not right together, like each one an inch or so away from the next (like in the pic)... how do you achieve this?
Thank You
It was just a small branch piece I layed by the other and they just attached themselfs then one my snails removed it befor it was covered.Snails do a great job but they create havoc when trying to achieve something.Zoo's grow or spread very fast in my tank for some reason.

digitydash

Thank you
I didn't think they growed much till I started looking at the picture from when I got it and was just taking picture to see and was amazed with the growth for only being in my tank for about 3 months.

bonebrake

You ricordeas bleached either from your lighting and/or shipping and luckily they adjusted quickly - they could have died. They look healthy now and the rest of the tank looks great!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news though, but your scooter blenny and your spotted mandarin both look cachectic and emaciated. If you just recently purchased them, then hopefully you have enough copepods and amphipods to nurse them back to health, but if you have had them both a long time then I hope you know they eat the same foods and could be competing against one another. In their current state they are close to death by starvation.

digitydash

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
You ricordeas bleached either from your lighting and/or shipping and luckily they adjusted quickly - they could have died. They look healthy now and the rest of the tank looks great!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news though, but your scooter blenny and your spotted mandarin both look cachectic and emaciated. If you just recently purchased them, then hopefully you have enough copepods and amphipods to nurse them back to health, but if you have had them both a long time then I hope you know they eat the same foods and could be competing against one another. In their current state they are close to death by starvation.

Will buy some copepods then if you think so.They are always eating at leaste it seems they are.The ric's have been in my tank for about 5 months and they just changed colors last week.They never once looked like they where going to die.I like them better now anyway

nano reefer

Originally Posted by digitydash
Thanks I think I finally found a good setting for this camera.
may i ask what camera and what setting that is?