Dipping corals?

gatorcsm

I got a new brain recently, the platygyra daedela, and it's been eating and putting out feeder tenticles regularly (nightly)... There are two areas that were i guess what you would call receded on the edges, and then one small area where the brown raised ridge seemed to be splitting when i got it. There has been no change on the ones on the edges, but the one in the center has very slightly opened, exposing a small tip of skeleton (this is no wider a split than a wrinkle on a knuckle, but it has definitely widened slightly). About three to four days after adding the coral, my torch disappeared into its skeleton and as far as I can tell has died. Today, my blastamussa (very small blast) seems a little, well, not fully opened. It's also possible that a couple of my polyps on some of my zoos are looking slightly un-regular as well.. Anyway, what i'm wondering is, did I introduce something into my tank with the brain, therefore killing (maybe) my torch) and possible also being the link to the recession in the brain?
Not many other possibilities I could think of, so hoping someone has some experience with this. I've just gotten in to corals, and wasn't familiar with dipping them as a common practice. I had read discussion but never saw it as a regular thing to do, i'm having second thoughts on that..
Final questioin... If this could be the problem (some parasite, bacteria, etc) what should be done to eliminate, fix, reduce the problem. Can I dip the affected corals, should I dip all corals, should i dip only certain corals, etc. Should I dip at all?
Or is it most likely that i'm simply being over concerned with the blast and zoos and that the torch dying was simply a coincidence and lastly that the recession on the brain was/is more due to stress and it can/will/may recover given the opportunity in stable conditions?
Any and all recommendations are appreciated.
Paramaters:
Alk: 3.31meq
Calc: 440ppm
pH: 8.2
SG: 1.025
Magn: 1320
Amm/Nitrite: 0
Waiting on delivery of nitrate test kit.
Thanks in advance,
Gator

gatorcsm

Couple quick comments in addition to the last:
The frogspawn that I got at the same time as the torch is doing fine. Open fully and looking good.
The blastamussa seems to be fully open again now, so maybe just seems closed up a little more because a shrimp was messing near it earlier or something... So a problem with the blast is prob just me being overly concerned. A few of the zoo polyps do seem like they are shriveling up however. Never had it happen before, so I can't confirm.
Thanks again,
Gator

shep

I seem to have some dieoff on brain also. maybe same problem just happen to read you post...will check back here to see who gets what answers.