Disappearing Niger

rickt4du

I came home one day and my Niger Trigger is GONE. He was not sick, that I know of. Was fine the day before. The only thing I can figure is that I bought a new kitten. Been trying to break him of jumping up at the tank and scaring my fish. Either my crabs made a meal out of it quickly or, the cat did it when we were at work and the fish got spooked, jumped up and OUT?? of the tank...and the cat ate it. AAAHHHHHH!!!
Anyway, that was a $45 fish! If it was gonna get eaten, it should have been on MY plate. :)

tacks

Was it small enough to get sucked up by a powerhead? Sorry to hear about your "empty dinner plate".

blueberryboomer

Rickt4du, Oh I'm so sorry to hear he is gone. Ours disapears for a few hours at a time, but never for that long! Hopefully his just hiding out really good. Keep us posted if he turns up... Later Lisa :(

frenchman

Sorry about the Niger. It's an interesting fish. I used to have one and gave it to a friend. That "friend" did not put the hood over the tank, went out and when he came back 4 hours later... the Niger was dry on the floor. Maybe we should rename them "Jumping Trigger" :mad:

rickt4du

Oh man!!!He came out of the rocks tonight...skin and bones. Looked awful...UUggg! Put him in the 10 gal to try and medicate. He didnt make it very long. I hate that...I have no explaination, his body wasnt cut, no ick, eyes were fine...fins were not frayed...he was swimming erratically..upside down bumping into stuff...Maybe neurological? Anybody got any ideas? Just curious now.