Disappearing royal gramma and peppermint shrimp

I just added a royal gramma and 2 peppermint shrimp to my 55 today. Both seemed to acclimate well and were very active in their dripping buckets. I acclimated for slightly over 2 hours, put them in the tank, watched them swim into the rockwork, and never saw them again. I figure they're all just hiding because of the new surroundings and all. It also seems one of the shrimps molted as soon as he got because just a short while after I put them in I saw the skin floating around the tank.
Anyway, it's been since about 12:30 PM and I haven't seen any of them. That I'm aware of, there isn't anything in the tank that wouldn't get along with them (see my stock list below).
For the owners of the aforementioned animals: Did it take yours a while to come out too?
Thanks,
Lou
2 false percs
1 firefish
emerald crabs
hermits
turbo snails
1 queen conch
5 nassarius snails
1 mexican turbo

elfdoctors

I've got both of those species.
My peppermints disappeared and it was several days before I saw them again. They continue to remain hidden most of the day and are most visible at night or during feedings. Shrimp will often die however from acclimation stress.
My royal gramma laid behind a rock for the first day then became much more active. He is my least cowardly fish and is visible most of the time.