Disney Insults Coast guard.

travis89

That's a bunch of ---- and yes I did email them and told them exactly that. I'm not in the Coast Guard or planning on joining them but there is no reason why they should be ignored.

nicetry

Perhaps the biggest insult is having those dumb ass disney characters prancing around in uniforms. IMO, both renditions are in poor taste and I wouldn't want to own/wear either.

demartini

Originally Posted by nicetry
Perhaps the biggest insult is having those dumb ass disney characters prancing around in uniforms. IMO, both renditions are in poor taste and I wouldn't want to own/wear either.

i think its cute...its disney what do you expect?

bldblu_2

email sent the Coast Gaurd are on constant patrol of our borders here at home and should not be omitted. My 2 cents. :cheer:

cowfishrule

most people dont realize that the uscg is a member of the armed forces.
usually the armed forces are the army, navy, air force and marines.
very rarely do you hear mention of the uscg.

travis89

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
Maybe that needs to change.

37g joe

Originally Posted by bldblu_2
email sent the Coast Gaurd are on constant patrol of our borders here at home and should not be omitted. My 2 cents. :cheer:
they also have troops over in Iraq. thier have been two uscg members who have died in the current conflict yes far less than the other branches but they still put thier lifes on the line every day.

wattsupdoc

Originally Posted by DeMartini
i think its cute...its disney what do you expect?
I agree De. E-mail sent.
also what about the merchant marines???Are they a division of military also??? They are extremely beneficial in times of both peace and war. I have a cousin who was in there for about 20 years and he was in Iraq twice as well as several other tours. ***)

phixer

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE

Thats because they are part of the department of transportation. They still go into harms way and deserve a great deal of respect for the honorable job they do.
Merchant marines are not part of the DOD but still perform a hazardous job.

37g joe

Originally Posted by Phixer
Thats because they are part of the department of transportation. They still go into harms way and deserve a great deal of respect for the honorable job they do.
Merchant marines are not part of the DOD but still perform a hazardous job.
actually they are apart of the department of homland secutrity but Are still apart of the armed forces too. http://www.uscg.mil/uscg.shtm look at the top left corner.

phixer

Originally Posted by 37g Joe
actually they are apart of the department of homland secutrity but Are still apart of the armed forces too. http://www.uscg.mil/uscg.shtm look at the top left corner.
True, this changed when the Dept of HS stood up.
However while part of the Department of Homeland security in peacetime, it becomes a part of the Navy in time of war.

37g joe

From uscg.mil
National Security
"For more than 210 years, the Coast Guard has served the nation as one of the five armed forces. Throughout its distinguished history, the Coast Guard has enjoyed a unique relationship with the Navy. By statute, the Coast Guard is an armed force, operating in the joint arena at any time and functioning as a specialized service under the Navy in time of war or when directed by the President. It also has command responsibilities for the U.S. Maritime Defense Zone, countering potential threats to American's coasts, ports, and inland waterways through numerous port-security, harbor-defense, and coastal-warfare operations and exercises."

jmick

Who cares, it's Disney... I'd think they would have more important matters to concern them then a stupid pin.

phixer

From uscg.mil
National Security
"For more than 210 years, the Coast Guard has served the nation as one of the five armed forces. Throughout its distinguished history, the Coast Guard has enjoyed a unique relationship with the Navy. By statute, the Coast Guard is an armed force, operating in the joint arena at any time and functioning as a specialized service under the Navy in time of war or when directed by the President. It also has command responsibilities for the U.S. Maritime Defense Zone, countering potential threats to American's coasts, ports, and inland waterways through numerous port-security, harbor-defense, and coastal-warfare operations and exercises."
Joe what is the meaning of life?

37g joe

victory is mine haha they pulled the pin go look at the site now
UPDATE:
This pin is no longer available. The pin was originally released on May 1, 2006 and had an edition size of 2000. We deeply regret the omission of the United States Coast Guard on this pin. We have taken steps to ensure this unfortunate omission does not happen in the future. The Walt Disney World® Resort has tremendous respect and admiration for the women and men who have served and are currently serving with the United States Coast Guard.

travis89

victory is mine haha they pulled the pin go look at the site now
UPDATE:
This pin is no longer available. The pin was originally released on May 1, 2006 and had an edition size of 2000. We deeply regret the omission of the United States Coast Guard on this pin. We have taken steps to ensure this unfortunate omission does not happen in the future. The Walt Disney World® Resort has tremendous respect and admiration for the women and men who have served and are currently serving with the United States Coast Guard.

phixer

phixer you are right i am the one. :jumping: :jumping:
Good now you can come over and fix my roof. :hilarious

37g joe

Originally Posted by Phixer
Good now you can come over and fix my roof. :hilarious
are you buying the beer?