dissapointed in LR order

teen

im just curious as to if people who have ordered LR from here were happy or not?

i ordered the 12lbs on here to use in my 16g cube and im real disappointed. I've ordered a lot of stuff from here and my fish and corals were always in great shape, but the rock isn't what i was expecting.
now i wasn't expecting amazingly nice shapes or anything, and the rock is interesting and some decent size pieces, but it just looks dead. no color on it what so ever. it looks completely brown and lifeless. this stuff looks like it was from the bottom of the bin and has been just deprived of everything.
thumbs down to swf on this one. ill post pics up tonight after i get out of work.

nycbob

most liverocks, excluding the premium ones, will come like that. after being in the tank for 6-8 weeks, the rocks u ordered should come to life, including the colors.

teen

ive been through a lot of rock in this hobby and ive never had any that looked this lifeless.

stanlalee

so basically it looks like 90% of shipped rock. If you want coralline covered rock with pods crawling you usually need to buy local cured rock thats been sitting in a lighted curing bin long enough for this to occur (too long). Or you can buy aquacultured florida rock which has little transiet time going from ocean to you. you may get lucky now and then but I've bought my fair share of liverock from multiple sources and it sounds like your looking for cherry picked rock. I think the descriptions EVERYWHERE have people thinking they are going to get coralline covered pod crawling rock. All that stuff happens in the tank.
here is my "premium" liverock from "the dr's":

I went local cherry picking for the biocube (I could afford to with the small amount I needed)

nycbob

those r some really nice liverocks in ur nano! as for teen, maybe u just got a bad batch? contact swf.com, and see what they can do for u.

teen

no where did i say "coraline covered, pod crawling" or "premium". I've just seen a lot better rock than what i received.
i work at a LFS, the biggest showroom on the east coast as a matter of fact, and ive cleaned literally thousands of pounds of live rock. i can still say I've never seen rock as dead as this.

jackri

Umm, if you work at the biggest LFS on the east coast..... why didn't you buy from your employer and get a deal from them?
I'm not disagreeing that the live rock was "ordinary" or anything but still.... 1,000's of lbs where you work. Just wondering is all :)