Distilled Water

rutz15

I was wondering if i could use distilled water rather than RO water because the my wal-mart you have to buyy the jugs each for like 1.30 and then the RO water is 33 cents a gallon....so i was thinking i could just but distilled water and then start using RO water for top offs any suggestions?

bbhuey

The key to any pond or aquarium is the water. I've had show quality Koi, breed fresh water fish and now marine type exposure. The marine enviroment is like nothing else I tried. NOTHING IS STANDARD! These forums and the expertise is awsome. Thanks for your thoughts.
My system is 45 days old and issues have been corrected thanks to so many of your experiences. I'm going to start distilled water chenges today, with testing as the key.
Walmart is, by far the least expensive for distilled water and reading the labels is very important whether on a dispensing machine or in gallon jug.
I'll let you know. Bob

ryanhayes9

hey rutz remember me?
if u got a lfs ask them. i got to bring my own containers but they will fill mine for like 33 cents and with premixed salt for 1 dollar

mopar9012

i use distilled water from walmart. i cant go to my LFS store and buy there water. its farther and i would need a parent to take me and to do weekly water changes doesnt work. so i just buy the distilled water. havent had a problem with it yet....

chubosco

I read that some distilled water is distilled from copper pipes. If yours is it is only a matter of time before you wipe out a great deal of life in your tank. Starting with your invertibrates.

ray28576

I use distilled water also. Most distilled water says that it has went through an RO unit as well. The distilled water I use comes from Kroger. It says RO on the sticker stuck to the gallon jug.

chubosco

Cool. Hope everyone pays close attention, when you buy on price only...it could cost much in the long run.

dragonboy

I get my water from a local water center and it is RO. I haven't try DI water yet since it suppose to be more cleaner than RO water. But its much cheaper where I get my RO water and their water seems to be pretty clean. Its less than .25 cents a gallon for how much I get it for.