Diving Great Barrier Reef

florida joe

For those of you who do not dive there is a DVD called Coral Sea Dreaming its about one hour of the most beautiful sights you will ever see taken on the great barrier reef you can get it on Amazon

isistius

i did 5 dives out of port douglas in august of 1998. it was absolutely stunning. i would go back in a heart beat. for those of you that do dive, try to make it there once in your life. nothing in the caribbean comes close, not even the reefs off of belize. i can't speak for hawaii, or the red sea, but the gbr was hands down the best diving i have ever done.
great pics fishzen. brings me back.
we did our dives off of the poseidon.

E

edmlfc

All I have to say is the fish can build me a glass rect. home. Lift the lid everyday to feed me and keep me as a pet. This would make me very happy.

amanda46051

Great Pictures! I am looking to buy a diving camera and thought your pictures looked great. What kind of camera did you use?

hefner413

what are you guys holding in the last pic in the first set?
And all the pics.. wow, wow, wow.
My experience so far was my honeymoon in hawaii. We spent $3500 for 2 wks. We went out in the water about 10 times - cost me about $50 for renting 2 sets of snorkle equipment... doesn't compare to the pics of the barrier reef at all tho...

fishzen

Thanks for the comments.
You’ll not believe it but the camera I used was a point and shoot Sony W-80 with the marine pack and the marine filter to correct the lighting, no special flash or strobes. Unfortunately it was my first time using the filter and I had it on for some shots that really did not need it, the result were some really yellow pictures too hard to correct so I did not post them. But overall I'm happy with them.
The last picture on the first set is a sea cucumber