DIY 10 gallon done!!

reefforbrains

Originally Posted by rabid frog
Sorry the pictures are crooked a bit.

If anyone gives grief about crooked pictures, choke them. Its beautiful. Cant wait to see a full shot canopy and all.
Now the fun part..........filling it with frags!!!

reefkprz

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
If anyone gives grief about crooked pictures, choke them. Its beautiful. Cant wait to see a full shot canopy and all.
Now the fun part..........filling it with frags!!!

I agree!

catawaba

What is the TOTAL volume of the system? I hope it is only 10g (for the contest!!!) :thinking:
Great job!
:happyfish

rabid frog

Thanks guys!!
Reef- the canopy is on there you can barely see it though. I will try and get some better pictures of it later. click the link to the blog and there is a better picture of it on there I think.
Bronco- the people eaters are still not here. The guy is jerking me around. He sent me some bs frag of zoas. He is supposed to have them ready by monday.... I will never order from there again.
Catawaba- I think I am within the limits. I dont know if they are going to count rock displacement of the water or not. If not that may put me just barely over. The main tank dimensions are 15x10x14.25 which w/o rock displacement= 9.25 gals. the overflow part is 15x3x9=1.75. So that puts me at 1 gal over the limit. But I have to weigh my exact amount of lr to fisgure out the displacement. I know there is not 11 gallons of water in the system thoug. Just by fiulling it up.

catawaba

I don't know about the displacement of water by rock. I think they are going with 10g of volume, regardless of content.
LOOKS GOOD either way, and I know they're providing 'wiggle room' on the calculations.
I'm not competing...there's no way I could, unless they have a sub-class for kindergarten entries!

reefforbrains

Originally Posted by rabid frog
Thanks guys!!
Reef- the canopy is on there you can barely see it though. I will try and get some better pictures of it later. click the link to the blog and there is a better picture of it on there I think.

Sorry, its hard to make out........picture is crooked..

rabid frog

Originally Posted by Catawaba

I don't know about the displacement of water by rock. I think they are going with 10g of volume, regardless of content.
LOOKS GOOD either way, and I know they're providing 'wiggle room' on the calculations.
I'm not competing...there's no way I could, unless they have a sub-class for kindergarten entries!

Ya I figured there would be a little wiggle room. But if I dont make the cut, meh I hear there are some not being honest anyways. I basically did it for the fun of doing it and I am pleased with the out come, win or lose.
How did the meeting go? Unfortunately I was not able to attend due to work, I work nights and it so happened that the meeting fell on a work night.
I have never seen pictures of your tanks btw. But I am sure you could do it with a little outside help, which I would be more than willing to help with any way I could.

rabid frog

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
Sorry, its hard to make out........picture is crooked..

:notsure: Like I said photography is not my thing. But I did learn beer and cameras do not mix, but beer and light wiring seems to work out ok.. :cheer:
Glad you like it reef. Seems like you have been a loyal follower and I appreciate it. It seems on this site some posts go un-noticed unless a certain name is attatched to it.

rabid frog

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Really neat. I hope you win the contest.

Thanks!! :cheer:
Like I said earlier, win or lose I still am happy with the out come. I will take the experince over trophies or w/e any day. In fact I am currently planning my next one to build. My wife is going to turn me into a fish tank one of these days,,