DIY 120 Stand

yaksplat

The electrical panel. The top 4 outlets are x-10 controlled. I may do the rest like this later, but this is a decent start.

J

jfdjason

Watch your check-valve...they tend to be TROUBLE in a salt water setup.

yaksplat

Originally posted by fishy411
When i made my 55 staqnd i Put this wooden siding on. I think it would look nice for Doors on yurs.

I'm making raised panel doors out of mahogany. Woodworking is a hobby of mine :)
Jim

steveoutla

Don't want to be a hijacker but I will anyways!:D
Has anybody ever put an access door on the side panel of their stand for easy sump/fuge installation and removal? I'm getting ready to start my stand for a 120g and was thinking about doing this. It would sure make it easier to get to the sump/fuge in without having to deal with the center brace in the front.
Thanks.

yaksplat

Has anybody ever put an access door on the side panel of their stand for easy sump/fuge installation and removal?
Look again at the pictures above

steveoutla

Ok Yak, I guess I'm blind.:D
Are you putting a GFI anywhere in there? Just a thought.
Nevermind......it's my blindness again!!

J

jfdjason

Yak....I used to have a ball valve on my systems but it lasted for about 6 months. The calcium deposits made it so it would not work right. I just would hate to see it fail on you if thats the only "safe" thing you did to your design.

yaksplat

I have the unioned ball valve on there so i can take it apart and pop a clean one in while the fouled one is being cleaned.