DIY - Converted flood-lights

dmitry

Anybody have any thoughts on using a flood-light (converted to indoor use) for lighting a reef tank? The bulb used is a Fluorex 65W bulb. The "Incadescent Wattage Equivalent" is 500W. Color temp is 6500K. 4550 Lumens. This is for a 29G tank - suspended right over the tank. In theory this looks quite good... :confused: :notsure: :needhelp:

squidd

Dang it...Old post all pics gone...
And I see we can't "edit" old posts and put pics back.... :mad:

sunny

I was just wondering the same thing. I just so happened to stumble across the same light at Home Depot and have been wondering if it will work. I found a web site *Illegal Link* where some guys sells the same thing (slightly modifies and painted black) for twice the money. I was thinking about trying one out and ordering one of the #3203 3/4 Blue Color Filters from this guy. Any thoughts??

viper_930

Squidd, go ahead and email me the pics (or the URLs if they're already uploaded somewhere) and I'll edit them back in. jslok(at)comcast(dot)net

my way

I have found that these flourex lights do not last long. I had them on a150 fw tank and replaced them constantly (not the bulbs but the whole unit would burn out). I think the longest I had one last is 3 months.