DIY Moonlights.

snipe

Well I bought LEDs for my moonlights and they were a rip. I bought frmo radio shack. They sold me 4 LEDs at 300mcd. I had already put them on before I realized what they were and there not bright enough. I was wondering what would be a good MCD rating to go with as I want it bright enough I can view it while the over head light in my living room is on but I want it to be dark (dark blue). I was looking and I found most ppl go with 4000mcd to 7000mcd. But I was thinking if they were to bright then im stuck again. I was thinking mabey 2000mcd would be alright but im not sure. Any pics of tanks with this would be great.
I found a guy local willing to give me some LED bulbs at 3000mcd but there 15 degree viewing angle and I need some help seeing if 4 of them will cover my whole tank. I only have 4 spots for LEDs and my tank is 48" long and 12" wide (front to back). Any help is really apreciated as I am stuck

snipe

If ya ppl search the net there not hard to find I found one yesterday that came with the plastic tube bulbs (6000mcd) all wireing. All you had to do is put it together for .99. I dont have the link but its easy to find.

thegrog

Sent out some emails.
This site also has DIY parts.....including bulbs!!! Even sells complete wiring diagrams!
Let me know if anyone else interested.