DIY Nano Cube Venturi Skimmer!

thedocta

Hey everyone...I got to thinking which doesn't happen much but it did tonight. I figured out I could do a skimmer for my nano cube in either the second of third back chambers. Second chamber is 3"x3.5"x11" Only 8 of the 11 inches are full of water tho cuz I have a surface skimmer on. Third chamber is 3"x5"x11" and again only 8 have water. The only setback with the third chamber is that I have the little outlet pipe, the main tank pump, and the heater all back there. If I can find room in the third chamber I'll put it there but otherwise it's prolly taking the place of the carbon and ceramic rings in the second chamber, tho I might throw out 1 sponge and replace it with the carbon but not for sure yet. Anyways the specs are below. LMK what you think and if you have any advice I'd like it. Thanks. -Greg
The skimmer will be made completely out of clear plastic, clear plastic tubing, and weld on. The outlet will let out just into whatever chamber it's in, not the actual tank. One question...will this work!?!?!
1. Collection cup 3.5" diameter, 2"-2.5" height.
2. Inner tube, where the water/bubbles are before the collection cup. 2.5" diameter. Connected to the outer tube by plastic around the water level.
3. MJ 400 or some other venturi PH.
4. Skimmer inlet.
5. Skimmer outlet.
6. Water level
7. Space in between tubes, where no bubbles should be. Outer tube has a 2" diameter.
8. Air inlet for PH.