DIY Refugium help

vontill

OK, going do build my own. Got a 10 gallon tank that is going to be below my main tank in the stand. Can someone give me a list of everything I will need to build this. Thanks.

vontill

I have a 72 gallon bowfront. 100 pounds of live rock, a HOB skimmer, and a canister filter. I have room under my tank in the stand.

sign guy

ok here is what I see as a small problem, If you set your ten up as a fuge under your tank if the power fails you will shurely have a flood. Have you thought about a show fuge or maybee a 30 gal fuge?

sign guy

large tank smalle fuge you kinda have yourself in a corner unless you want the fuge above the tank. but most people dont have room for that

sign guy

from this point you need to add to the list a overflow box a pump (depending on what over flow box you get) and some pvc or flex hose. Also a fuge light
A simple incandesent plant bulb from lowes and a bell fixture will work fine.

sign guy

here is a good design It allows all the water to flow through and up the chato allowing it to tumble like its ment to

sign guy

black = glass
yellow = sand
blue = water flow
water enters the left side of the oic and falls into the fuge this is where if you wanted you could add a filter sock for media or a blue prefilter
thenas the water flows under the baffle and over the sand it is drawn upwads due to the placement of the baffle at the end of the sand bed . like I said earlier the fact that your baffle entering the fuge is lower than the baffle at the end allows the water to ris4e through the chato causing it to tumble and stay loose. then water falls into the last chamber where your pump sits pumping water up to your tank