DIY Skimmer - Need Help Please!

zincoxide

Okay... I just finished building a skimmer today however, It's not working properly.
I get bubbles but not a whole ton of bubbles.
I have attached pictures to view.
#1: this is showing the skimming. There are bubbles on the top of the water in the skimmer but they aren't going up and out. There is gunk getting pulled out because after about 10 minutes of running there was a little bit of brownish gunk in the bubbles floating on top.
#2: This is the overall view of the skimmer so you can see the design.
#3: A close up on the water intake and the output.
#4: A close up for the exaust. Except for some reason the foam won't go out.
#5: This is the pump that I'm using to power the skimmer. It is a Rio 2100 which is rated for 692 gph with 0 head. I saw that people were using the Mag 5 on the EAP skimmer so I figured this was strong enough since it is rated higher gph.
#6: This is a close up of the venturi that I made. Can someone else help with this??
I need some help to figure out how to get more bubbles (I think). I figure if I had more bubbles, then the foam would go up and out.
Can anyone help here?

bojik

Did you make it a recirculating type? Did you cut the side of the tubing facing the direction of the water flow out? Cannot tell from that image. Looks like that t fitting you used might be restricting flow a little. Try a standard t of the size that fits the pump with the threaded

[hr]
on it.