DIY Skimmers

lovetofly31

Can anyone point me in the right direction for self made skimmers. I just need to know how they operate so I can take those principles and apply it to my own design.
Thanks in advance!

J

jrthomas40

you should do a search for diy skimmers on here...someone made a KICK-BUTT one but i dont remember who it was but it was freakin AWESOME...i will look too

J

jrthomas40

yeah i found it...that isnt the one i see a few months ago...this one was made out of plexiglass piping and it was amazing how foamy it got...dude even had a video of it working...it made me want to make my own

lovetofly31

Yeah, I seen the two twin towers, that was a great looking design. Unfortunately I didn't see any drawings or sketches. I'll look for the other design also.
Thanks for the advice!

J

jrthomas40

the one i am talking about must have gotten taken off...this one was made of plexiglass tubing and some black stuff it looks like one of those big etss or reef devils

lovetofly31

Not sure if a DIY skimmer guide exists on this forum, but I have one that I compiled as part of my own research. Hopefully someone here will find it beneficial. I am in the process of designing and building my own skimmer, I plan on posting step by step instructions and pictures as I build it. I am also recording the construction and will post the location of that video if this is allowed.
The DIY skimmer guide is very detailed and is 22 pages long. It is PDF format but since this forum doesn't recognize PDF, what is the best way to post the information?