Diy Sulfur Denitrator

notsofishy

Im making a sulfur denitrator and dont really have enough room in my chamber to hold arm media to balance the PH. So i was wondering if I could drip the efluent from the denitrator into the arm media in a seperate cylinder. This cylinder would not have a recirculating powerhead so im not sure if the water would be to stagnant in this chamber. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

notsofishy

Yeah thats where I got the idea to build it Im just not sure about the flow through the arm media. By the way thanks a ton for the lighting setup just got it installed yesterday looks awesome. Il post some pics of my tank once I figure out my camera.

knockout

I don't mean to hijack your post but what do you think of using a pair of PhosBan reactors (they are a lot cheaper than the reactors out there) piggy back to each other the first one holds the sulfur media the second the ARM media, output back to skimmer area for aeration, it looks to me tha all that the very expensive units out there are doing is passing the water over the media at a slow rate which can be easily acomplished... think this could work???