Dizzy Water

pate2929

My tank has been up for about 3.5 weeks fish have been in it about 2 the problem is the water looks clear from a distance but when you are in front of it looking in it will make you dizzy it is not really crystal clear yet, how long does it take for the water to clear up? or do i have a problem i need to address

cindyski

is it glass or acrylic?
acrylic will sometimes give that effect, especially if you have a bow or curved tank. my acrylic is long (no curves) and normally i dont have a problem, but there are times if i stare to long i get the dizzy effect.
other than that, if it is glass, i think it should have been clear by now. do you have a mag-float (or sponge of some sort) to clean the glass/acrylic? i need to use mine everyday.
HTH:happyfish

pate2929

YES I CLEANED THE GLASS YESTERDAY< IT LOOKS FABULOUS WHEN YOU DONT GET TO CLOSE I NOTICED IN MY LFS THEIR TANKS LOOK GREAT UP COSE OR FAR AWAY<HERE ARE MY WATER READINGS ph-8.2
amon. -0.25
nitrite-0
nitrate-5.0
salinity-1.021
SHOULD THIS CLEAR UP WHEN THE TANK FULLY CYCLES? OH MY TANK IS GLASS 75g STANDARD

cindyski

first off DONT TYPE IN ALL CAPS its like you are yelling

#2 your levels look pretty good but i would bring up the salinity a bit (JMO) i keep mine at about 1.25 for a reef & keep an eye on the rest to make sure they are normal
#3 what are you cycling with?
#4 what kind of fish do you have in there?

pate2929

WELL SORRY IF YOUR OFFENDED BY MY TYPING IN CAPS, THIS IS AMERICA AND I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR IT FOR GOING ON 9 YEARS WITH THE MILITARY SO THE LEAST I COULD DO IS TYPE THE WAY I WANT WITHOUT BEING ACCUSED OF YELLING
anyhow i have about 80lbs of live rock and base rock mixed i also have about 8 damsels in it now so far nothing has died

cindyski

Originally posted by pate2929
WELL SORRY IF YOUR OFFENDED BY MY TYPING IN CAPS, THIS IS AMERICA AND I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR IT FOR GOING ON 9 YEARS WITH THE MILITARY SO THE LEAST I COULD DO IS TYPE THE WAY I WANT WITHOUT BEING ACCUSED OF YELLING

well it is just proper internet conduct not to type in all caps, not just here, but everywhere on the web :)
thank you for your military services though. and i am sure that comes from all of us. lots of military on this website.
i will finish here and let someone else answer the rest of your post.
have a good night/morning

pate2929

i did not mean to offend you, its just you come on a little strong there, im not the best at what is good or bad manners on a computer i was not even aware you could have rude manners on a pc some people can get offended by anything, thanks for the advice you gave:notsure:

birdy

Have you cleaned the inside of your glass with a magnet cleaner or a algae scraper of some sort, you could just have some film on the inside of your glass, also it could just be your cycle, I wouldn't worry until the cycle is over.

aarone

Originally posted by pate2929

Just because you fought for this country does that give you more "rights" than anyone else? I appreciate your service to this nation but calm down.

pate2929

no i have not got anymore rights than anyone else i never said i did,typing in caps was a matter of personal preference,it seems to me who ever made this typing in caps is rude rule needs to grow up,seems to me you cannot do anything without someone winning and crying.
(FIRST OFF DONT TYPE IN CAPS ITS LIKE YOUR YELLING)
that was rude and offended me,i simply was asking for help not looking for any internet rules of conduct ,that is all i have to say

pate2929

no birdy i havnt but i will try that, im going to the store today to try one of those magnetic cleaners thanks:)

lovethesea

its one of the major reasons for having the smilies. It helps the context along. Sometimes things can be taken out of context without them. :D

cindyski

pate
i was just trying to help, i know someone would have mentioned it to you sooner or later if you kept doing it. sorry if you were offended. i dont think i come on strong at all, sorry if you took it that way. i think your post about the military was coming on much stronger than what i had to say!
guess you just cant please everyone

lol:D

pate2929

your right you cannot please everyone, because everyone has their own personal preferences, i was simply saying men and women have died for us so we can sit here and argue or type or say what we feel lets not forget those people some of those were my friends. no harm done thanks for sharing what you knew with me lets forget this and move on.

cindyski

yes, lets forget it. i am sorry for your losses. but i dont think it has anything to do with your fish tank problem. that would be something you would get more response on in the "Aquarium" forum.
i didnt/dont mean to offend you in any way:happyfish
anyway as i said earlier, try the magnet, i use mine everyday. if i dont it takes quite a while to get everything off even if i only skip one day.
are you using a skimmer? or other filtration? what kind of water are you using? (tap, ro, distilled etc...), l/r, l/s, cc these things might give more experienced people and idea to what is going on if it dosnt clear up soon.
hth