Do any of you guys use stress coat???

moopiespoo

I have used it in the qtank bout a week before I add new fish to the main tank, I always run carbon as soon as the fish are out. I am a little suspicious about these chemicals. I have never had a problem but I wouldn't put it in the main tank.

bahamianme

I started it out Stress Coat and still used it for declor water, water changes, adding new fish/corals.....I think it s the best.:p :p

polarpooch

it made my skimmer bubble like crazy
Mine, too.
I prefer the NovAqua stuff. Supposedly it removes copper, too. Who knows.

neutronics

I don't think it is an absolute must to use Stress Coat as many people have success without using it, unless you are doing major water changes or if your fish are recovering from an illness.
I think fish can produce their slime coat naturally when they are healthy.

Originally posted by neutronics
I think fish can produce their slime coat naturally when they are healthy.

Yes, the when they are healthy
is the key here. It's for when fish are stressed. (AKA: not healthy ;) )
It helped my oscars get through some rough spots, but I don't think I'd use it in my SW tank. As someone mentioned above, it comtains aloe vera. I don't know if I like the idea of that in my tank.

S

starfishjackedme

no goop in my tank, thanks anyway though.
I think it's one of those superfluous items they tell you to buy so they make more profit. Never made any difference in my freshies.

I love Stress Coat. I used it when I moved my fish from Nashville to east tennessee and not one died. I use it as my primary water conditioner and stress reliever. :)

squidd

Well, grease my Fish...
Hell, just throw in some Prozak if their stressed out...:D :D :D
LOL
Actualy, Good water parameters, Stable water conditions, Less Human interference (hands off/out) and proper socking/tankmates does a LOT more to relieve your fish's Stress levels.
:cool:

jeo

How can any of you that say it works be sure it actually made a difference? How do you know what would have happened if you didn't use it? Scientific method requires a control group or something along those lines.