do any other type of clowns host corals

X

xnikki118x

I had a small maroon clown a long time ago that hosted purple mushrooms.

namas05

Most of your clowns will host corals of some type. With the exception of the farm raised that may or may not ever host an anenome or coral.
My gold stripe host n LTA.

bigpete

Originally Posted by bigpete
ive seen maroons at my LFS hosting xenia
my percula also hosts my frogspawn

sumpdiver

My yellow stripe maroon host the powerhead. He even sleeps there right between the powerhead and the outlet from the skimmer so close to the surface his dorsal fin breaks the surface. The current in that spot is so swift he has to swim continously to stay there, I can't imagine he ever gets any rest, but he refuses to move. He eats like a little pig and shows no sign of stress, but I hate him staying in that corner.
Suggestions welcome.

fanker

my maroon hosted in my xenia, shrooms, and bubble coral but never in my BTA it was wierd. but now he just swims around and doesnt host anything now. maybe he needs another friend; after all hes the only fish in the tank.

zanoshanox

seen a marron hosting GSP, even weirder...I've seen a domino dansel hosting a condi...I think he thought he was a cofused clownfish.

calgar

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
seen a marron hosting GSP, even weirder...I've seen a domino dansel hosting a condi...I think he thought he was a cofused clownfish.
or maybe it was a black clownfish?? now who is confused :hilarious

reeffreak9

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
I have a yellow tailed damsel who hosts my condi>lol And a percula who does'nt host either of my condies or my haition>lol
:jumping:

hagfish

For those who have damsels living in a host anemone or coral, this is actually pretty common in nature. Keep in mind clowns and damsels are closely related.