Do blennies get along with other Blennies? Anyone have 2 in a tank?

tangy-tang

I agree funk. I think the best thing we can do is just sit dwon with the fish and see what they really want. :hilarious

tangy-tang

39 dollars. I didnt acclimate him or anything and I found out he was not good for the reef that I am working on so I had to let him die. The pet store wouldnt take him back. Dang *****. RIP lionfish.

sufunk

Originally Posted by Tangy-Tang
39 dollars. I didnt acclimate him or anything and I found out he was not good for the reef that I am working on so I had to let him die. The pet store wouldnt take him back. Dang *****. RIP lionfish.
Yeah, its *****'s fault you bought a fish you had no idea how to take care of and intentionally let die

fishguy83

Originally Posted by sufunk
Fishguy, ask him for his full fish list or check his last thread about if he's overstocked. He has over 19 inches of fish in that tank. I dont think there is 1 "expert" on here that would look at his stock list and say he isnt WAY overstocked . And certainly, noone would advise to add more fish to the total.
P.s.- salty, he didnt list his full fish list, if you have more than him id be amazed, he only listed half his fish. He has 10 fish in that tank already

woah! Where is all the anger coming from -
1) I NEVER said he should add more fish, I was speaking in the present tense, if you didn't catch that.
2) Grossly is a pretty strong adverb - I was just saying I don't think he has the equivalent of 4 horses living in a 100 sq. ft. barn stall...
3) If people want to do this, all we can do is discourage it and spread the knowledge around of why - but you can't stop them... so chill a little bit, and don't be so quick to jump on people - this is supposed to be a place for newbies to come and learn, that is what I have been doing.

debbie

Originally Posted by fishisfun7
55 gallon tank, 50+ pounds of LR and I have one small lawnmower blenny. I LOVE the bicolor that is in my LFS and he seems to be very social. jumping all over the tank! The lawnmower doesn't pester anyone (a very peaceful tank that includes 2 percs, a Yellow Tang and a Coral Beauty) and I was wondering if they would get along? Anyone have any experience with two small blennies in a tank? Thanks!

Back to the main question here. I think you would be alright with the two blennies. The only thing I would be worried about is that our LFS has a lawnmower blenny and I could not believe how big they get. The bicolor does not get that big, but if they were added at the same time and same size they "should" grow up together and be alright. I don't have alot of experience with blennies other than I absolutley loved my bicolor for the short time I had him. They are full of personality and they do stand their ground.
Good Luck.....

sufunk

fishguy83 said:
woah! Where is all the anger coming from -
Theres no anger, i just think its irresponsible to add more fish to a tank anyone would say is way overstocked. Check his last threads to see exactly what he has in that tank already.