Do Cleaners Hide From Time To Time?

metweezer

I think my scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp is missing. I haven't seen him since the day after I placed him in my tank last Monday. Do they disappear from time to time or do you think this little guy may be gone forever? I have a LMB, a false perc and a yellow clown goby in the tank along with scarlet hermits and blue legs. Also cerith, astrea, nerite and nassarius snails.
Thanks in advance.

gmann1139

They can be hiders, and I don't really see anything on your stocklist that would have gone after it.
I had a blood shrimp that spent all its time on the back side of the LR. I've had it for four months now, and its just starting to show personality.
Give it time, and see if you can't track it down somewhere hidden in the back.

gb387

My cleaner shrimp took a couple weeks to come out of hiding, now they have come out and are very fun to watch... they also like to clean my hand as well when I am cleaning the tank, too fun!

metweezer

Thanks for the encouragement
I have my fingers crossed hoping that this little guy will eventually show himself.

jonp

Don't know if your tank is drilled, but check the sump if it is. For some reason my Peppermint liked to hang out near my return pump. He was about 2-3" and somehow fit through a bubble baffle with 1" gap.

paintballer768

Ive seen cleaners that almost never come out, and mine is almost never hiding. When food goes in the tank, he swims to the surface and starts poking through the water for flake. Give it time, he'll come out. Amazing little guys when they do

metweezer

It's been over two weeks now and I haven't seen a trace of him. I think he must have died and been eaten by my cuc.

invertcrazy

Wait about an hour after your lights go out and look in the tank with a flashlight. He might come out after the lights go out. Hope you see him...

metweezer

It's over 3 weeks now and he is a no show
I am having such bad luck with these guys. I ordered 2 from 2 different online sites and they were both DOA. This last guy I got locally, I drip acclimated him but haven't seen him since the day after I placed him in the tank
I think he is with Luca Brasi