Do clowns dig/kick up sand?

spongebob1

I just put some new base rock in my tank, and I know the sand was fairly level all over when I finished. I woke up this morning, and there is a big dip in the sand at the back of the tank. That's where my two clowns hang out, and they were swimming back and forth under a rock ledge created by the huge dip in the sand. This thing is like 2 inches deep!
The only things I have in the tank are 2 mexican turbo snails, 1 velvet damsel, and these two clowns (1 percula, and 1 Bicinctus).
Has anyone ever seen this before? :notsure:

killafins

Yes, damsels and clowns are known to rearanging life in the sand when they feel like it. you will soon realize it's not worth fixing because, well they'll keep doing it no matter how many times u fix and level out the sand.

shrimp134

It could be your power head too ....I bets it is the Clown's but if it isnt..make sure your Ph isnt facing towards the bottom of the tank..Lol happened to be 2wice

killafins

Well, now that you think of it... clown fish start out the same ---... should we keep them together in the same tank? It's so natural...
:D :D :D :D

killafins

Originally posted by Spongebob1
Ha ha - cheap shot from yesterday eh?

From Love Spongey... LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

killafins

Originally posted by Spongebob1
You rock killa :happy:

Obviously.... DUhhhhhhhhhhhh:jumping:
Did that thread get deleted? Where did it go??
Well... there were arguments and there were fights and immaturity and heros' and... sadly which I missed... :-/.... oh well... basically people weren't mature enough for such a debate i guess... *I just wish i knew what was said*

jsb

Originally posted by killafins
Obviously.... DUhhhhhhhhhhhh:jumping:
Did that thread get deleted? Where did it go??
Well... there were arguments and there were fights and immaturity and heros' and... sadly which I missed... :-/.... oh well... basically people weren't mature enough for such a debate i guess... *I just wish i knew what was said*

I was curious too, but it's probably better this way.

d-money

What variety of food do u feed your Gold Maroon?:notsure: mines fed off Flakes and some brine shrimp, just curious

gregvabch

live/frozen brine, krill, (whole/minced), prime reef cubes, squid, formula 1, and some various herbivore preparations, not sure of the brand.

stillfrodo

My 2 saddlebacks do that. After the lights go out and the moonlite comes on they start digging themselves a little hollow out of the sand. Thats where they spend the night. They actually lay down on thier sides and seem to go to sleep. first night I got them was scary I thought they were sick. But found out thats thier regular behavior. It is pretty cool to watch.