Do I feed them ?

kimura

I got some live rock for the first time. After about ten minutes about a thousand different things began filter feeding little feather dusters and such. My question is, do i need to feed them anything or will they get enough just from whats in the water?

What do you have in the tank? Is it a new tank? If you feed your fish they should get enough. You will also see things come and go in your tank. One month there will some weird and new thing in your tank then the next month its gone and something else has popped up in its place.

frogdog

Originally Posted by Kimura
http:///forum/post/2801039
I got some live rock for the first time. After about ten minutes about a thousand different things began filter feeding little feather dusters and such. My question is, do i need to feed them anything or will they get enough just from whats in the water?

lucky you,
I bought 90lb of LR and all I got was a few little bug looking things...

mie

No need to feed, they are filter feeders and get all there food from the water. They rely on the nutrients in the water.

keebler

I recommend not feeding them. If you feed them too much, then you will end up with too many nutrients in your tank.