do I have enough light

stonepilot

2 ft from light to bottom of tank. 1 10,000 white, 2 super actint blue, all t5 bulbs, houseing only hammer 1 ft from light and bubble in the sand bed 2 ft from light.

stonepilot

these are 4' long for 65 gals HO and are 54 watts a piece the one ocean white 10,000 and two actint blue are also 54 watts.

T

thomas712

So 162 watts total? for 2.49 watts per gallon?
I'd call that fairly low on the lighting scale myself. Normally one shoots for at least a 4.0 wpg lighting when keeping soft corals. Add to that when you get into SPS and LPS corals.
In this case I'd examine a better lighting system if you plan on having a reef tank with more corals. Even if you want to keep the hammer coral I'd have more lighting.
Thomas

bonebrake

I agree with what others have said.
T5's are really fantastic lights for shallow tanks, but with a tank as deep as yours you should look into getting an halide as well if you plan on keeping more light demanding corals like SPS, clams, and some LPS.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Thomas712
So 162 watts total? for 2.49 watts per gallon?
I'd call that fairly low on the lighting scale myself. Normally one shoots for at least a 4.0 wpg lighting when keeping soft corals. Add to that when you get into SPS and LPS corals.
In this case I'd examine a better lighting system if you plan on having a reef tank with more corals. Even if you want to keep the hammer coral I'd have more lighting.
Thomas
I agree with Thomas. That is definitely on the low side for keeping corals.