Do I have too much live rock? - Pic attached

jake0110

I moved the live rock around today to create more caves and allow for more water flow in the back.
Someone mentioned highlighting the fish vs. the rock, and I agree. This tank is just being redone and there are very few fish. My plan is to add a wide variety of small species, instead of the larger ones I have had for the past 2 years.
Anyway, here are the before and afters:
BEFORE (daytime shot):

AFTER (nighttime shot):

The after is more 3D, which you can't tell from the pic. It's wobbly as a house of cards though. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the help.

mrinelfrlz

Originally Posted by jake0110
http:///forum/post/2701215
I moved the live rock around today to create more caves and allow for more water flow in the back.
Someone mentioned highlighting the fish vs. the rock, and I agree. This tank is just being redone and there are very few fish. My plan is to add a wide variety of small species, instead of the larger ones I have had for the past 2 years.
Anyway, here are the before and afters:
BEFORE (daytime shot):

AFTER (nighttime shot):

The after is more 3D, which you can't tell from the pic. It's wobbly as a house of cards though. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the help.
looks really good!
i have about 130 lbs in my 75 myself

saltn00b

well you dont want wobbly, all it takes is a heavy hermit or crab to move something from the bottom and the rock will go tumbling. this could be disastrous.
i also notice that although your rock is stacked high, if you are going reef, you may find you will have less places to place corals. i personally try to get as much platfrom surface area as i can.

maddog0118

tank...i went to a few fish store for live rock to get larger pieces which gave me the same effect...this way it would be more sturdy...i did large pieces on the bottom that were curvey but yet supportive..but your tank is really nice..

basketballfish

Originally Posted by jake0110
http:///forum/post/2697286
I have noticed that other tanks do not use as much live rock as I do.
The rock was no issue when I had larger fish, but I am switching to smaller ones, and they have lots of places to hide.
My water quality seems good, but I hate to throw away good live rock.
Am I addicted? Should I cut back?

no the more the better.looks nice more room for fish to hide when scared