Do I need anything more?

flipmodez5

Ok so I just watched Finding Nemo and I went online and to some local stores to find out more about saltwater fish :yes:
I decided to start out with a 10 gallon which was my biggest mistake thanks to some idiot at my local ***** who told me it was fine. Just to let you all know I had almost 4lbs of live rock with 2 damsels, 1 lawnmoer blenny, 1 Ebli Angel (which I was able to save) :rolleyes: and 1 small wrasse. It was hard to take care of them and in the end, they all died
except the Ebli...anywyz...I found out later that it was because of my live rock cycling :mad:
Anywayz....I started out on a 55 gallon tank which is doing pretty good right now...I think its been about 4-5 weeks. Its still cycling cause my whole sand has turned brown, not to mention the sides of the aquarium
. Inside the tank I have my live rock from my 10 gallon with 2 overflow fliters, 150 Aqua clear and a 300 Aqua clear. I had a protein skimmer (some Vsi Jet one)
that didnt do anythin so I returned it...I have 3 turbo snails in my tank but I need a skimmer fast...I just wanted to know if there is anythin else that I need for my tank???...like more live rock or powerheads???...or are these people jus tryin to sell me stuff that I really dont need.
Wow I wrote alot....lol...sorry bout that, I wont do it again :sleepy:
THANX

flipmodez5

Well I definetly will be gettin some coral in a couple of months when i get my Metal Hallide system
...I'm gonna make this tank into a community tank :D I want to have one True Percula clownfish, a blue hippo tang (but i think my tank is too small for it), 2-3 firefish, a yellow tang, one marine betta, ofcourse an Ebli angel and a lawnmower blenny, a dotty back and mayb a wrasse. As for the inverts, I think i'm goin to get some peppermint shrimp, an emerald crab and 2 orange starfish. I'm also going to have an anemone for my clownfish. As for the powerheads, I'll definetly check them out this weekend...thanx!
Although ***** does have people that know what there talkin about, sometimes they just make idiots managers. The same guy who gave me that bad advice, just got fired :joy:
Anywyz...I still need a protein skimmer...any1 have recommendations on some really effecient ones?...
THANX

I agree...that tank will be overstocked with all those fish.
Go slow with your tank, it will not reach a solid stability for a year or more. Any major upsets or bio loads (adding too many fish) can distrupt the tank and cause severe problems.
Pick a couple of your favorites from the list and start there. Note that Tangs grow fast and will soon outgrow your 55 gal. so prepare to upgrade or maybe choose another.
Remember its your tank though, you don't have to fill it with live rock if you don't like that look, there are many successful tanks without much live rock and many filtration types. Pick the one that best suits you and take the advice of this board to make you decisions.
Welcome to the SW world. It can be very rewarding if done right...we all hope you have a more pleasant experience this time around. Good luck.