do i still need a power head

coralclown

if i put a filter system that pumps 160gallons per hour in my 7 gallon tank,would i still need a power head in my tank. if so how many?

coralclown

oh icic, if i should get a power head, how much water circulation should i get one at? i am still new to this hobby, so please bare with me on my stupid questions :rolleyes: . can you give me any suggestions on tank care and things to watch out for and things i need to do on a regular basis. thank you

coralclown

thank you so much for ur input. so far i have about 6 lb of live rock in the tank. the tank has been running for about 1 month now i think. i have two clown fish (perc), 1 cleaner shrimp, and 5 small red hermit crabs. i have about 3in of live sand current in my tank. i have a millennium 2000 filter that pumps water through it at a rate of 160 gallons per hour. in addition to that, i have a duetto internal filter that pumps water through it at a rate of 55 gallons per hour. the internal filter works like a power head..do you think this set up is adequate? anyone's input is welcome

brian'sreef

YOur set up is fine.. in a 7 gal. .. if you are to get any more fish make it a small one like a goby or a blenny just small.. since you already have two clowns.. i wouldn't go for a damsel.. they're a bit territorial..actually they are really territorial..and may bother teh clowns.. other than that..JW.has it right..keep and eye on her..i spend ten times the time on my ten gal. as i do on my 125.. so just do the right things and have fun.. you've chosen the best hobby in the world..
Brian :D

coralclown

many thanks to those who reply to my questions...this board is great!! even though i just started, i like it already. thank you all. :D