Do Jawfish normally eat flakes?

j. crow

I do feed them frozen food once a day but i prefer to give them flake food.. I was just wondering if Jawfish normally don't eat flakes, mine won't

nicetry

Mine never took to flake food and would simply spit it out. You're better off offering them a good meaty diet. I would feed them mysis, bloodworms, occasional brine shrimp, finely minced clam, and some pellets, which they may or may not like. Try things like Marine Cuisine and Emerald Entree' too.

Originally Posted by nicetry
http:///forum/post/3197364
Mine never took to flake food and would simply spit it out. You're better off offering them a good meaty diet. I would feed them mysis, bloodworms, occasional brine shrimp, finely minced clam, and some pellets, which they may or may not like. Try things like Marine Cuisine and Emerald Entree' too.
What he said..In the wild they eat ALOT of photoplankton, so thats why its important to offer marine and emerald. Personally I try to stay away from flakes. (unless its a dash of Seaweed flake that i add to my thawed and rinsed mysis) I only feed pellets that are high in real fish and low in fillers. I like Omega One. (Why yes I am a crazy person who reads and compares ingreadients on the back of fish foods.) soaking their food in garlic also seemed to get mine to eat fasted when I first got them. I was sure my female had perished, had not seen her for four days and was testing my water for ammonia...then all of a sudden when i fed them Emerald with extra Mysis that was all soaked in garlic she poped her head out from the same rock the male was under. HAPPIEST MOMENT...i almost peed a little..lol. Im still excited about it. Having two is amazing...I love these little fish! :) Anyway sorry this is so late....

spanko

My Bali Tiger Jawfish will eat;
Pellets
Flake
and frozen. I guess it just depends on the fish.
No that is different than a question of "what does my jawfish require for food". Mine is a zoo plankton feeder that requires a carnivore diet, so that should be the main.