do kenya trees spread??

michaeltx

absolutely and depending on conditions sometimes at plague proportions.
they are a money maker frag if your LFS buys frags.
Mike

michaeltx

good light is all I have ever fed kenyas. I assume they could pull in foods like filter feeders but really there is no need to.
as kenyas grow they will drop off arms to spread though its fun to watch till there are to many of them LOL
Mike

michaeltx

depends on size. they usually start around the same size they dont get super huge though. I would say on estimate if everything is good then around 3-4 months till it starts could be alot soon though too.
Mike

michaeltx

you cuold just like any other leather you just want it to have some size to it first or the frags will be to tiny to work with.
Mike

mr_x

i wouldn't frag it. just put it in an area of high flow. pieces will fall off pretty regularly. you'll see. you'll curse this day!

guzman825

here is the picture. sorry about the quality. had to use my phone. for some reason it has not been opening, but this is it when it is closed. best i could do.

anadliv

Mine spreads like crazy. I bought mine when it was about 1" tall and wide, once it hit about 4 " tall and wide it wont stop dropping pieces. At first I saved the frages and put them in rocks or on small rocks now their are so many i just let them blow around the tank and attach somewhere.

flricordia

Originally Posted by guzman825
http:///forum/post/2666813
do kenya trees spread?
Like a virus. If you can grow xenia you will grow kenya tree. They seem to like the same conditions, but prep yourself because before you know it they will pop up everywhere. On the sand, in the caves, near the top, everywhere.

netimreefer

I have one and 3 months later I had one big one and 4 little ones. They all now drop arms the good thing is when they are getting ready to lose an arm, they will start pulling off the mother coral a little at a time. Then you can pull off the falling arm and frag it so you don't have little ones growing randomly all over your tank